FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Shooing away demonic attacks in the name of Our Lord.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How many here have been instructed to directly take on demonic forces  by invoking the name of Our Lord and Lady when you're suspicious of being attacked? 

Two very separate confessors have told me to do this and I've hesitated till recently and found that it seems to be effective.  It's very important to do it in the name of Our Lord and Lady and not in our own name.

Prior to this, I've only resorted to calling upon Our Lord, St. Michael, St. Raphael and St. Gabriel Our Lady and St. Joseph and my Guardian Angel to do the direct "shooing" away.

On a personal note it's good to find a spiritual  weapon to use.  It's also unfortunate to find out that I've been under a much more direct attack than I had thought from multiple directions. 

If anyone can spare prayers to get some grace to bolster me and keep the "thugs" at bay it would be greatly appreciated. 

Some good listening material on the matter

http://www.AudioSancto.org/auweb/2008022...atters.mp3
I haven't by a priest, but I have been told this by friends and family.  It's the most powerful and effective way to combat the evil one.
I use this technique when having intrusive and worrisome thoughts.  When these thoughts begin, I say the name "Jesus Christ" until they stop.  It works for me.  
I learned it intuitively. If it's my normal concupisence trying I can usually just say stop it and it goes away. Then the others which do not respond, in deperation I cry out to Our Lady and or the Lord. Poof ! they beat feet away from me. I'm going to tell you all this next part so you will smile and it is fact. Some times after these attacks during the day I wake during the night (this is normal I have acute sleep apnea and I use the machines),
and only my feet are uncovered. it's as if the devil is telling me he wants me back using the story of Boaz and Ruth. It's especially poignant for me as on my computer at work I made a screen saver with the word Elimelech, which is the line preserved with Ruth ad Boaz. Special message ?

tim

ps Elimelech means Go is my King in Hebrew
Jude1:9 When Michael the archangel, disputing with the devil, contended about the body of Moses, he durst not bring against him the judgment of railing speech, but said: The Lord command thee.

The KJV says, "The Lord rebuke thee."

When I feel like I'm being attacked I say, "The Lord rebuke thee." or "In the Name of Jesus, begone unclean spirit."
There are no other names under heaven as effective to drive demons away, than the Holy Names of Jeus and Mary.
We have zero power on our own and in fact all exorcists including Fr Martin speak of the absolute need to invoke Christs authority when performing the rite.
Excorsists have been tempted to make the monstrous mistake of saying "I command you to leave, or I tell you" etc.
This invoking of ones own "power" usually backfires with the demon laughing and becoming more powerful and violently attacking the priest.

To all: Thanks for all of the suggestions.

(03-19-2012, 02:49 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]There are no other names under heaven as effective to drive demons away, than the Holy Names of Jeus and Mary.
We have zero power on our own and in fact all exorcists including Fr Martin speak of the absolute need to invoke Christs authority when performing the rite.
Excorsists have been tempted to make the monstrous mistake of saying "I command you to leave, or I tell you" etc.
This invoking of ones own "power" usually backfires with the demon laughing and becoming more powerful and violently attacking the priest.

I haven't had to worry about that, especially after reading "Hostage to the Devil" and other things etc.  But I have been hesitant in directly addressing the demonic opponents at all. 

In other words by being too cautionary about not wanting to step into the Exorcist's "turf" I've inadvertently allowed myself to become a spiritual punching bag. 

Quote:But I have been hesitant in directly addressing the demonic opponents at all. 

Yes, I'm the same way as well. I even recall reading that the laity were not allowed to address demons directly but rather to pray to Jesus and Mary to make them go away...I'm going to have to rethink this...
One could always sprinkle exorcised Holy Water or exorcised Salt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4