FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our Lady of America: Unheeded Approved Apparition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never knew about Our Lady of America until recently. Apparently, in 2007 then-Archbishop Burke wrote how the apparition is approved. It occurred to Sr. Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) of Ohio on September 25, 1956, and continued for many years thereafter. There's even an approved prayer for Our Lady of America.

My question is: Has Our Lady's request in Sr. Mildred's apparitions that a statue of Our Lady of America be enthroned in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., been heeded? According to the basilica's website, there isn't a statue of Our Lady of America in the National Shrine. sad

Considering Our Lady of Guadalupe saved Mexico from its culture of death (cf. Warren Carroll's Our Lady of Guadalupe and the conquest of darkness), Our Lady of America needs more devotion!
(03-25-2012, 01:16 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]I never knew about Our Lady of America until recently. Apparently, in 2007 then-Archbishop Burke wrote how the apparition is approved. It occurred to Sr. Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) of Ohio on September 25, 1956, and continued for many years thereafter. There's even an approved prayer for Our Lady of America.

My question is: Has Our Lady's request in Sr. Mildred's apparitions that a statue of Our Lady of America be enthroned in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., been heeded? According to the basilica's website, there isn't a statue of Our Lady of America in the National Shrine. sad

Considering Our Lady of Guadalupe saved Mexico from its culture of death (cf. Warren Carroll's Our Lady of Guadalupe and the conquest of darkness), Our Lady of America needs more devotion!

Yeah, we discussed this a few months ago.  The statue has not been enshrined.  So, there ya go on that one. 

However, I again urge caution, because it's possible that Burke's letter was fake.  There's a lot of weird goings-ons with that apparition, due to profiteers who are trying to cash in.  I recommend giving a brief review of this slightly aged thread:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...803.0.html