FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Please help a Catholic organic farming family!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
A friend forwarded this to me:

Hello Everyone,

I am writing (rather unprofessionally) to ask your assistance. My family and I are applying for a grant for our farm for some necessities that we can't afford on our own. The grant is typically decided by a panel of judges, but one grant is given to the farm that gets the most votes. We are currently somewhere in the range of 160 votes.

We don't have the social resources to get enough votes to win this without some charity from other's social networks. If some of you would be willing to share the link below and have others vote for us I would be eternally grateful. The leading farm is currently at 950 votes. We entered 3 weeks after this contest started and only have until 3/31 to acquire votes. Our family's link is here:

http://raisingorganicfamilyfarms.com/kevin-fords-story/

You can vote by clicking the thumbs up icon. Thank you very much for your assistance with this. You will be in our prayers, and I promise a novena too.

Done and done. Looks like they nearly have 900 votes now!
Thanks, Jen!  Hi!
(03-28-2012, 10:04 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]A friend forwarded this to me:

Hello Everyone,

I am writing (rather unprofessionally) to ask your assistance. My family and I are applying for a grant for our farm for some necessities that we can't afford on our own. The grant is typically decided by a panel of judges, but one grant is given to the farm that gets the most votes. We are currently somewhere in the range of 160 votes.

We don't have the social resources to get enough votes to win this without some charity from other's social networks. If some of you would be willing to share the link below and have others vote for us I would be eternally grateful. The leading farm is currently at 950 votes. We entered 3 weeks after this contest started and only have until 3/31 to acquire votes. Our family's link is here:

http://raisingorganicfamilyfarms.com/kevin-fords-story/

You can vote by clicking the thumbs up icon. Thank you very much for your assistance with this. You will be in our prayers, and I promise a novena too.

Voted! What a beautiful family and farm. Thanks for sharing.  Smile
Thanks, Sara Lucille!  Hi!
just voted for you... Good Luck!!  By the way..  you wouldn't happen to have any family members in the Fairbault Minnesota / Menomenee Wisconsin area would youHuh?
(03-28-2012, 11:10 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: [ -> ]just voted for you... Good Luck!!  

Thanks!

By the way..  you wouldn't happen to have any family members in the Fairbault Minnesota / Menomenee Wisconsin area would youHuh?

I'm not a member of this lovely family, and I don't know them  sad. Their story was forwarded to me by a friend.
Almost 30 more votes in just two hours! Love Eyes Thank you so much!
Liked and shared on FB and tweeted!
I reckon organic food is overpriced nonsense myself.  If normal food was unhealthy then the lifespan of people would not be getting longer.  I never buy organic.

Messing around with the genetics of food concerns me, but if they test it on animals first and extensively before giving it to humans then heck I would eat it to.  I like eating strawberries in mid winter.  I would like a tomato that tasted like a fillet steak.  If food technology can give us better, long lasting food with more nutritional value then great.  I would eat more peanut butter on toast if they could half the calories and double the fibre content.

The hard scientific reality is that you could not feed 7 billion people with organic methods without massive changes to agriculture which would raise the cost of food to be a much larger proportion of income.  So organic farming is really just a luxury for rich westerners to enjoy and this chap can scrape a living because there are enough childless Californian yuppies who will buy his produce at silly prices.  Good luck to him.

But I voted anyway.  If they are giving away money they might as well give it to this guy and his lovely wife and Children rather than some new age Gaia worshipping hippy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6