FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traddy gift basket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sophie's school is asking parents to put together baskets to be auctioned for a fund raiser.  I want to make a traditionalist basket (I'm so bad ;) )
I'm thinking a veil, a rosary and a nice print out of they prayers in latin.
What else do you think I should put in? Please keep in mind, I'm of limited means.
(04-01-2012, 07:27 PM)knittycat Wrote: [ -> ]Sophie's school is asking parents to put together baskets to be auctioned for a fund raiser.  I want to make a traditionalist basket (I'm so bad ;) )
I'm thinking a veil, a rosary and a nice print out of they prayers in latin.
What else do you think I should put in? Please keep in mind, I'm of limited means.

Fun! Perhaps some lilies for decoration? Maybe you could line the basket with liturgical colored fabric. Holy cards. Also, you could write your own prayer for the person who recieves it and stick it in there.

Oh, and a green scapular! The catholic bookstore that I go to gives me all I want of these for free. 

A crucifix would be cool. Maybe a palm frond... if you can make it small enough.

And for fun, maybe some cool stories about saints.

That's all I can think of for now.
Oh yes! A scapular would be a great addition! Those are all great ideas. Thanks!
No prob!

I don't know if you can put food in the basket, but still a fun link to peek at.
http://saindy.com/easter-baskets/

Also, see what CAF has to say about it
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=225291
Perhaps a Latin/English guide to Benedict of the Blessed Sacrament? What a little treasure for a child who's just learning the Faith.
Cookies :P
(04-02-2012, 02:26 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Cookies :P

Yes, cookies.  With special ingredients.
...how special? LOL
Get chocolate bars ( dove or gofiva) and put a picture of a saint on it like the caremlites monks would do :)

I think a little booklet (from preces latinae) would be terrific for a little kid.  Latin on one side and english on the other.  If you don't want to print out the whole prayer book I believe that website offers a rosary prayer book with the Blessed Virgin's litany and a little guid on how to pray the rosary.  Blessed salt and water are nice little additions.
Good suggestions.

But can a basket with blessed items be auctioned?  Perhaps anything already blessed should be separated and given to the person that wins the basket?
Pages: 1 2