FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: sheer outrage!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=13870&

Cardinal Schoolfriend of Vienna allowing a gay man to serve on a parish council - why?  Because that's what Jesus would do!
The outrage is that you're criticizing a cardinal "in full communion" with Rome!  How dare you!

... :LOL:
I read this and was very sad both for the faithful priest, of which they have so few it seems in Austria, and for the practicing sodomite who is left in his sin. This cardinal does not care for souls.  He allows this man to continue in grave obstinate public mortal sin and indeed is in a formal cooperation with it.  I really have had my concerns with this cardinal: with what he allows to go on, his approval of Medjugorje when he went there with great publicity and fanfare and did not even give the local bishop the courtesy of informing him of his trip.

This approval of the sodomite was wrong on  many levels.
The state of the Church in northern Europe is far worse than anywhere else, I think.  Dutch Catechisms, German liberal hierarchy either subtly or explicitly pushing anti-Catholic agendas... anyone know what the trad scene is like in these places?  Or if there is one?  Aside from France, I've gotten the idea that the center of the Trad movement is in America, more or less. 
Who cares about what these people do anyway?
Who was it that said "the road to hell is paved with the skulls of Bishops"? Whoever it was, seems that he was prophetic. Reminds me of the Jewish kings in the Old Testament. Just keep on setting up idols and wait for the next chastisement.
(04-02-2012, 05:04 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: [ -> ]Who was it that said "the road to hell is paved with the skulls of Bishops"? Whoever it was, seems that he was prophetic. Reminds me of the Jewish kings in the Old Testament. Just keep on setting up idols and wait for the next chastisement.

IIRC, it was Jovan Zlatoust, aka John Chrysostomos, my name Saint!
(04-02-2012, 01:56 PM)Magdalene Wrote: [ -> ]This cardinal does not care for souls.  He allows this man to continue in grave obstinate public mortal sin and indeed is in a formal cooperation with it.

What's even worse is that Benedict XVI allows this cardinal (and has for a number of years) to continue to give grave public scandal and would seem to be in formal cooperation with it. Cardinal Schönborn couldn't give the scandal he gives if he had been excommunicated and removed from his position like he should have been a long time ago.

Is it scandalous that Cardinal Schönborn does these things? Of course. But the true scandal is that Benedict XVI permits him to continue to give a false testimony to Catholicism from such a powerful ecclesiastical position. 

The irony is that whenever he is criticized, the pope is said to be the supreme authority on earth, in order to silence any criticism; but when it actually matters that he execute this same supreme authority that is used to silence the criticism, he doesn't do anything--at least, not anything that is of any significance to the scandalized world. And any criticism of this lack of necessary use of authority is met again with an appeal to his authority; and so-on and so-forth.

For the liberals, its a win-win situation.
(04-02-2012, 02:06 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]The state of the Church in northern Europe is far worse than anywhere else, I think.  Dutch Catechisms, German liberal hierarchy either subtly or explicitly pushing anti-Catholic agendas... anyone know what the trad scene is like in these places?  Or if there is one?  Aside from France, I've gotten the idea that the center of the Trad movement is in America, more or less. 

I don't know what it's like in the Low Countries or Scandinavia, but Germany's traditionalist population is doing very well. There are traditional churches in almost every major city, many of which have strong and thriving communities. There are also two major trad seminaries in Germany. The SSPX has a very strong support base, and the canonically regular trad communities are growing.
Regarding the quote from St. John Chrysostom. I believe he said the floor of hell is littered with the skulls of bishops. Something like that.
Pages: 1 2