FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holy Week Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is the schedule for Holy Week at Christ the King in Sarasota Fla. Father Fryar streams this on his site and at Imass. Before a wise acker posts that this isn't the same as going to Church, I'll tell you this is for those like me that are stuck for reasons beyond their control in the house.

http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/

Holy Week, all times are Eastern

Spy Wednesday
Tenebrae 9 pm

Holy Thursday
Solemn High Mass 7 pm

Good Friday
Stations of the Cross 2 pm
Good Friday Liturgy 3 pm

Holy Saturday
Easter Vigil 10 pm

Easter Sunday
Low Mass 8:30 am
Low Mass 10:30 am

tim
Yup, and for those such as me who have no Trad Triduum services near them. I will be making the 2+ hour trek to Massachusetts on Saturday for the Easter Vigil Mass at the Saint Benedict Center.

Tim, this is great. Thanks for the info. You're a gem.

Petertherock, there's nowhere I'd rather be in the world than SBC at Easter. You're really blessed.
Guys, you're all welcome.
tim

Thanks, Tim. 
(04-04-2012, 11:17 AM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]Tim, this is great. Thanks for the info. You're a gem.

Petertherock, there's nowhere I'd rather be in the world than SBC at Easter. You're really blessed.

Thank you. I wish I could do the entire Triduum. But that isn't possible this year. I am lucky I am getting to go to the Vigil...I watched the Tenebrae service tonight and it was incredible. It was worth the 2 hours I spent on here watching and participating as best as I could from home!
Me, too, Peter, I even chanted some of it with them.  I don't have the breath like when I was young, and I tried to do it alone, not alternating. Fail !

tim
That was actually my first Tenebrae. What a great introduction. I didn't even realize it's not in my 1962 Missal. There's so much to learn.  Blush What else has such depth? Nothing in this world.
For His Passion, if you have a Baronius Missal it's in there on page 1779.  I checked Father Lasance and St. Andrew Missalsbut neither had it.

tim
On that page I have the Office of Maundy Thursday, starting with the Passion. Is that whole office the Tenebrae?
Pages: 1 2 3