FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: My Prayer For The Vicar Of Christ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that the pope is the only official human representative on earth of the King of the cosmos. I do not fully understand what forces have weakened him to the point where he can no longer fully protect us from our enemies. I speak of those that serve the prince of this world, but one thing I do know is that he is the only human with the power to restrain Lucifer.
When I pray for the Vicarius Christi, I pray that he will be freed from whatever now binds him. I picture that prayer looking like the following video:
Rather more dramatic than it was in the book.  Regardless, prayers pro libertate sanctae Ecclesiae are always in order.
Rorate has a picture of the Holy Father on the upper right side of their home page that I click on daily.  It leads to an excellent bilingual (Latin & English) traditional Prayer for the Pope.

An excellent habit Smile
(04-21-2012, 10:04 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]Rorate has a picture of the Holy Father on the upper right side of their home page that I click on daily.  It leads to an excellent bilingual (Latin & English) traditional Prayer for the Pope.

An excellent habit Smile

Thank you Allan.

Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum eius.
(04-21-2012, 09:54 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: [ -> ]Rather more dramatic than it was in the book.  Regardless, prayers pro libertate sanctae Ecclesiae are always in order.

Now I wish I had read the book.
(04-21-2012, 11:46 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2012, 09:54 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: [ -> ]Rather more dramatic than it was in the book.  Regardless, prayers pro libertate sanctae Ecclesiae are always in order.

Now I wish I had read the book.

Ha, yes, the entire idea of Theoden being "possessed" like that was Jackson's artistic liberty...
Pray for the Pope.

V. Oremus pro Pontifice nostro N.

V. Let us pray for N, our Pope.

R. Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum eius. [Ps 40:3]

R. May the Lord preserve him, and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth, and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies. [Ps 40:3]

Pater Noster, Ave Maria.

Our Father, Hail Mary.

Deus, omnium fidelium pastor et rector, famulum tuum N., quem pastorem Ecclesiae tuae praeesse voluisti, propitius respice: da ei, quaesumus, verbo et exemplo, quibus praeest, proficere: ut ad vitam, una cum grege sibi credito, perveniat sempiternam. Per Christum, Dominum nostrum. Amen.

O God, Shepherd and Ruler of all Thy faithful people, look mercifully upon Thy servant N, whom Thou hast chosen as shepherd to preside over Thy Church. Grant him, we beseech Thee, that by his word and example, he may edify those over whom he hath charge, so that together with the flock committed to him, may he attain everlasting life. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

or;

DEUS omnium fidelium pastor et rector, famulum tuum N., quem pastorem Ecclesiae tuae praeesse voluisti, propitius respice: da ei, quaesumus, verbo et exemplo, quibus praeest, proficere; ut ad vitam, una cum grege sibi credito, perveniat sempiternam. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.

O GOD, the Shepherd and Ruler of all Thy faithful people, mercifully look upon Thy servant, N., whom Thou hast chosen as the chief Shepherd to reside over Thy Church; grant him, we beseech Thee, so to edify, both by word and example, those over whom he hath charge, that he may attain unto everlasting life, together with the flock committed unto him. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

or,

OMNIPOTENS sempiterne Deus, miserere famulo tuo Pontifici nostro N., et dirige eum secundum tuam clementiam in viam salutis aeternae: ut, te donante, tibi placita cupiat et tota virtute perficiat. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.

ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, have mercy upon Thy servant N., our Supreme Pontiff, and direct him according to Thy loving kindness in the way of eternal salvation; that, of Thy gift, he may ever desire that which is pleasing unto Thee and may accomplish it with all his might. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.preces-latinae.org/index.htm

tim
Pray
I know there are rumors that JPII performed a couple of exorcisms.  As an aside, it would be interesting to know if he used his "revised" ritual of Exorcism or if he used the traditional one.  Anyhoo, I wonder if the pope has more power in that area than a regular priest does.  I would assume so, but don't know for sure.  I'm sure he would have to fast and pray in preparation just like a priest.

But thanks for this topic, it's good to be reminded to pray for the Holy Father.
Dr. Bombay it  was reported in Italian Papers, that Pope John Paul II couldn't exorcise the possessed woman in St. Peter's Square.  It is rumored that the so called "smoke of Satan" can only be exorcised by a Pope.

tim
Pages: 1 2