FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The American Influence on the Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Having found small snippets from E. Michael Jones, I went looking for something on a vid of this topic. I found this and it's history from a Catholic perspective. It's a bit similar, but more detailed, and free ranging to the way history once was taught. It's a free ranging interview form the Jews that rejected Christ to the monks that wanted money and many wives, to the America which has been embraced as the modern model of a state by the Churchmen.

See what you think. 

tim
I hope some of you are watching this one. 95 looks, so far but no comments, doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

tim
It's long, that might be why. I promise to watch it in the next few days. I promise. And thank you in advance.  Aww, there now
Well, now that I've listened to it, I have to say it was not too long, but too short! Wow! This is my first Michael Jones experience. I'm on my second listen (as I make rosaries). Thanks, Tim! This explains so much, and so simply and reasonably. It answers many questions.
Sorry, Tim my computer doesn't do videos well so I usually miss out on these threads. Mine's the loss.
(04-30-2012, 02:08 PM)Richard C Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, Tim my computer doesn't do videos well so I usually miss out on these threads. Mine's the loss.

This might not help at all, but in case it does, it's a radio broadcast with stills, no actual video. In any case, it's an interview by Tom Sunic http://www.tomsunic.com/ of E. Michael Jones http://www.culturewars.com/
I am definitely watching this the moment I get home. I love E. Michael Jones, his perspective on things is always fascinating, and I don't think I've seen this video yet.
It's very interesting. I've noticed the similarity between the most problematic stuff of Vatican II and America. Plus I always took the Pope Leo XIII letter to Cardinal Gibbons was an indictment of the American way. So I was already in tune with Jones on this. A family friend was peritus at Vatican II, and became one of the "persons of interest" in the Roberto Calvi Ambrosiano Bank Mess. He was friends with Fr. Courtney Murray, too. Seeing some of this in real time I always suspected the American heresy.

tim
The New American Bible is the Bible that is used on the Vatican web site, at least the English version of it anyway.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/_INDEX.HTM
(04-30-2012, 05:41 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]It's very interesting. I've noticed the similarity between the most problematic stuff of Vatican II and America. Plus I always took the Pope Leo XIII letter to Cardinal Gibbons was an indictment of the American way. So I was already in tune with Jones on this. A family friend was peritus at Vatican II, and became one of the "persons of interest" in the Roberto Calvi Ambrosiano Bank Mess. He was friends with Fr. Courtney Murray, too. Seeing some of this in real time I always suspected the American heresy.

tim

Pope Leo XIII defined Americanism as a heresy, didn't he?
Pages: 1 2 3 4