FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: PBS on the Radical Nuns.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
One of the Ladies said Church teaching does change, and that is the Tradition of the Church. Excommunications need to be handed out to public figures starting yesterday. Listen closely around 7:30 minutes to the "Feminist Theologian."

(05-02-2012, 08:25 AM)WesternWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Listen closely around 7:30 minutes to the "Feminist Theologian."
I agree. This part is so important to hear, because it is one of the largest fault lines that has damaged the Church. The hammer comes at 7:50. Question is, how do you put the genie back in the bottle?
Wow -- of the three adjectives she used to describe herself, "Catholic feminist theologian," I think only one applies. It is scandalous that she uses the Council as evidence that dogmatic teaching changed, but the Catechism of the Catholic Church is clear on the true teaching of the Council:

Quote:Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it. (CCC 846)

I don't know which is worse, the substance of their heresy or their heresy in suggesting that dogmatic teaching could change. People who refuse to believe even the definitive clarification -- if there be any ambiguity -- should simply be expelled.

(05-02-2012, 10:24 AM)Ray M Facere Wrote: [ -> ]Wow -- of the three adjectives she used to describe herself, "Catholic feminist theologian," I think only one applies. It is scandalous that she uses the Council as evidence that dogmatic teaching changed, but the Catechism of the Catholic Church is clear on the true teaching of the Council:

Quote:Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it. (CCC 846)

I don't know which is worse, the substance of their heresy or their heresy in suggesting that dogmatic teaching could change. People who refuse to believe even the definitive clarification -- if there be any ambiguity -- should simply be expelled.

I think the actual worst thing is to believe dogmatic teaching can change and then to still want to have anything to do with the Church.  If dogma can change, it's all a lie.

But of course they are not in it for the truth anyway.
"Catholic feminist theologian" LOL!  :LOL: Is she being serious?
That feminist theologian is the logical extension of the type of catechesis that has been taught, where in the absence of solid teaching, good works ala Habitat for Humanity trumps all. I'd bet the feminist theologian as a child made many posters on Eric saegull's movie Love. After love is all you need.

tim
I hope that feminist theologian is publicly condemned and ordered to retract her statements by the heirachy. Won't happen, I know, but sometimes you need some optimism!
(05-02-2012, 08:25 AM)WesternWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]One of the Ladies said Church teaching does change, and that is the Tradition of the Church. Excommunications need to be handed out to public figures starting yesterday. Listen closely around 7:30 minutes to the "Feminist Theologian."

I liked how Donna Bethell reacted to what the feminist said around 7:30 minutes.  She laughed.  :grin:
(05-02-2012, 07:18 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2012, 08:25 AM)WesternWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]One of the Ladies said Church teaching does change, and that is the Tradition of the Church. Excommunications need to be handed out to public figures starting yesterday. Listen closely around 7:30 minutes to the "Feminist Theologian."

I liked how Donna Bethell reacted to what the feminist said around 7:30 minutes.  She laughed.  :grin:
Yeah, I'm really glad they at least got someone from Christendom College to do half of the interview. They didn't give her the better slot, but orthodoxy was represented!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5