FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: D-R Bible's German equivalent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What is the German equivalent of the Douay-Rheim's Bible? I.e., what is a good German translation of the Bible that's faithful to the Vulgate? Thank you
A few things.

First, the Sarto Verlag out of Germany is the SSPX's "Angelus Press equivalent" for German-language books.  They have an entire section on their website for German Bibles (they even offer the DR from Baronius!  :LOL:).

However, I have heard great things about Allioli's translation. 

I found a free digital copy of the Pattloch Bible from 1956.  My main distinguisher of Catholic Bibles is whether or not they translate "hail, full of grace" properly or if they do it as "hail, blessed one."  I don't know where I found it, but I could email you the XML file.  PM if interested. 
I believe the old-school translation would be Die Katholische Bibel originally translated by Johann Dietenberger, OP, as a counter to Luther's work.
(05-09-2012, 02:26 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]First, the Sarto Verlag out of Germany is the SSPX's "Angelus Press equivalent" for German-language books. 
I wonder what the French, Spanish, and Italian equivalents of Angelus Press are? Danke!
CC, your post is pure gold. I have this bookmarked and will peruse the selections and not only practice German, but acquaint myself with publications I just might purchase, especially a Messbuch.
(06-09-2012, 09:53 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]CC, your post is pure gold. I have this bookmarked and will peruse the selections and not only practice German, but acquaint myself with publications I just might purchase, especially a Messbuch.

Thanks!  I can send you the Pattloch XML Bible that I have.  PM me your email address.  If there is interest, I can just upload it to some place and host it there. 

Sarto Verlag just issued out a new reprint!!! of the Allioli Bible.  It's kinda expensive, but their offerings are TREMENDOUS. 

As a side note, Sarto Verlag also prints this book against Communion in the hand written by Pater Lugmayr, an FSSP priest.  I thought that was cool.
Liebe CC:
I am hooked. I just read the capsule on Spee's Golden Book of Virtues and of "Warum nach Loreto?" (Ich kann gar nicht eine gute Uebersetzung von diesem Titel erstellen. Der Titel ist ja ganz einfach, aber was ist die echtliche Meinung? Weiss Du, was ich meine?)

Gruess.
Und noch eine Frage, CC: Gibt's ein deutsches Fisheaters?
All, here is where I found the XML Bibel.  :)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zefania-...h%20Bibel/
(06-09-2012, 09:53 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]CC, your post is pure gold. I have this bookmarked and will peruse the selections and not only practice German, but acquaint myself with publications I just might purchase, especially a Messbuch.

If you want to not drop a bunch of cash on a new German Messbuch... go to eBay and see if anyone will ship one to you if you buy it.  I picked up a 5 euro Messbuch (1960, Schott) while I studied there and it's pretty nice. 

Also, check this site out.
http://introibo.de/
(http://introibo.de/brevier.htm for the breviary in book form they made - Day hours only)
Pages: 1 2 3