FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sign the petition against Kathleen Sebelius speech at Jesuit university
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So far, 14,000 have signed.

http://www.georgetownscandal.com/

C.
done
signed.
Thanks for posting the link.

15,710 Signers as of now.
I'll sign it, but it's a f#&%ing disgrace that we need to make a petition for a Catholic school NOT to invite an obstinate public sinner and scandal artist. 
Why? We see the great effect this had at Norte Dame.

BTW, Where are Alan Keyes and Terry Randall on this one?

How about a petition to make this institution of higher learning buy out the Catholic Church and go independent?

Or excommunicate the Jesuits responsible?

Or better yet, how about let the hiearchy take care of it as the Church is not a democracy and it is democracy that got us to this point in the first place?

Wrong tactic, wrong strategy.

But, suffice it to say, participation here is meaningless and only attests that you think the Americanist Heresy is OK. It is indeed a tacit approval of it.

What's next? Signing petitions for the recall of bishops? Or letting people vote for the bishop of their choice?

Sounds tempting, as does signing this petition. But as you all know sometimes we must resist temptation.
(05-09-2012, 09:25 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]But, suffice it to say, participation here is meaningless and only attests that you think the Americanist Heresy is OK. It is indeed a tacit approval of it.

I avoid vomiting out my every thought on internet forums very deliberately.

Although I read them. And in general you have left a favorable impression.

But you owe an apology for that one.

And I'll take the time to point it out.
(05-09-2012, 09:19 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I'll sign it, but it's a f#&%ing disgrace that we need to make a petition for a Catholic school NOT to invite an obstinate public sinner and scandal artist. 

Springtime! as Dr. Bombay would say!
Why do I owe an apology for that one, KG?

I think you are very balanced and smart and have the utmost respect for you.

I realize that most people don't know what the Americanist Heresy is, so perhaps I should have put more emphasis on it being unwitting approval and thus tacit approval.

But what is wrong with that opinion, and why would it demand an apology?

Since I'm taking the time to respond, I think I will also point out that these tactics do more to reveal our weaknesses than our stengths.

Sorry, but that's just the way I am seeing things these days.

You know, jump from the frying pan into the fire and all that that particular saying brings to mind.
(05-09-2012, 09:25 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]But, suffice it to say, participation here is meaningless and only attests that you think the Americanist Heresy is OK. It is indeed a tacit approval of it.

I have boldfaced the central problem.

With this latest post you appear to be somewhat backing away from that very specific claim and modifying it somewhat.

Your accusation was broad, general, inaccurate, and made in haste.

We have to remember we are more likely "preaching to the choir" in general here -- we are not dealing with an ill informed general public.

I don't assume ill will on your part. I assume passion and haste.  Something I have problems with myself and therefore see fairly clearly.

The simple, decent thing to do is apologize for anything you did not intend, clarify it, and let it be.

And letting it be is what I'm doing with this post.

God bless.
Pages: 1 2 3