FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Speculation on the 3rd Secret of Fatima
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Since most on this website believe the 3rd Secret of Fatima has not been fully revealed, can we speculate what has not been revealed. Was the change in the Mass mentioned? Can you speculate what you think wasn't revealed, i know it's a guess but an interesting topic nonetheless.
Something about the council.  Something bad.

A good enough reason for John XXIII to consign it to history's waste bin.
Pope Pius XII let the cat out of the bag when he was a cardinal:
Quote: "I am worried by the Blessed Virgin's messages to Lucy of Fatima. This persistence of Mary about the dangers which menace the Church is a divine warning against the suicide of altering the Faith, in her liturgy, her theology and her soul....

"I hear all around me innovators who wish to dismantle the Sacred Chapel, destroy the universal flame of the Church, reject her ornaments and make her feel remorse for her historical past.

"A day will come when the civilized world will deny its God, when the Church will doubt as Peter doubted. She will be tempted to believe that man has become God. In our churches, Christians will search in vain for the red lamp where God awaits them, like Mary Magdalene weeping before the empty tomb, they will ask, "Where have they taken Him?"

And then others commented:
Quote: On March 17, 1990, Cardinal Silvio Oddi, a close personal friend of John XXIII, declared that the Third Secret “has nothing to do with Gorbachev. The Blessed Virgin was alerting us against apostasy in the Church.” ....In 1995 Cardinal Luigi Ciappi, no less than the papal theologian to Popes Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II—a span of 40 years—made this revelation concerning the contents of the Secret: “In the Third Secret it is foretold, among other things, that the great apostasy in the Church begins at the top.”

Then there will be parts describing what God does to people who reject Him.  JPII revealed this:
Quote: ""On the other hand, it should be sufficient for all Christians to know this: if there is a message in which it is written that the oceans will flood whole areas of the earth, and that from one moment to the next millions of people will perish, truly the publication of such a message is no longer something to be so much desired."
......"Many wish to know simply from curiosity and a taste for the sensational, but they forget that knowledge also implies responsibility. They only seek the satisfaction of their curiosity, and that is dangerous if at the same time they are not disposed to do something, and if they are convinced that it is impossible to do anything against evil."......."Here is the remedy against this evil. Pray, pray, and ask for nothing more. Leave everything else to the Mother of God."

The Holy Father was then asked: "What is going to happen to the Church?"

He answered: "We must prepare ourselves to suffer great trials before long, such as will demand of us a disposition to give up even life, and a total dedication to Christ and for Christ … With your and my prayer it is possible to mitigate this tribulation, but it is no longer possible to avert it, because only thus can the Church be effectively renewed. How many times has the renewal of the Church sprung from blood! This time, too, it will not be otherwise. We must be strong and prepared, and trust in Christ and His Mother, and be very, very assiduous in praying the Rosary."

And I imagine we'll find Our Lady's words explaining the vision, which involves a Pope starting out not ruling the Church (the Mountain with a Cross), but after reconquering it is killed.
Great post James!
For me it was always the council -forwarned. I had a nun in summer school who warned  us that something was going to happen  in the church and we should be prepaired-  many will loss  the faith. this was in 1959,
JCCMADD,
Can you tell us the Parish, City, or the Sister ?

tim

'In Portugal the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved'

Is from Lucia's memoirs and may be the first line of the undisclosed secret.

But my question is,  is Portugal any better than the rest of Europe in terms of fidelity to the Church?
Unless this refers to something that will change in the future..
If it will change in the future, then it was not always preserved.

She should have said, "In Portugal the Dogma of the Faith will be rediscovered one day".  That would be closer to reality.
The origins of the St. Michael Prayer is telling, and a must read...

snippet:

OCTOBER 13 1884 - POPE LEO XIII

Pope Leo XIII was  just finishing Mass.  As he turned to walk away from the Tabernacle, he collapsed. Those present were afraid for his life, thinking he was dead. When he came to, he shared what he had experienced in a vision.  (This event precursed by 33 years - to the day - the sun dancing in the heavens at Fatima.)

THE VISION

He heard noise in front of the Tabernacle. It was a confrontation between Jesus and Satan. Satan told Jesus if given time and enough power, he would destroy the Church. Jesus asked in return, 'How much time and how much power?' Satan's reply was 75 to 100 years and more influence over those who would follow him.  The Holy Father said he heard Jesus say "So be it."  And the 20th century was given to Satan as a time of testing.

See the full story here

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/2_LeoXIII.pdf

"Come in Satan.  Your time is up"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14