FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Santa Cruz, CA church defaced, Bl. Serra baptismal font broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Vandals defaced a landmark Santa Cruz church early Sunday, scrawling phrases in spray paint on its walls and breaking a historic baptismal font in its garden, church officials said.

Staffers at Holy Cross Catholic Church on High Street just north of downtown found the vandalism at 7 a.m. when they were preparing for Sunday Mass, said Deacon Warren Hoy.

Phrases like, “The true evil,” “For my ancestors” and “We all have heathen blood,” were written on walls of the church, which was built near the original Santa Cruz Mission, Hoy said.

“Obviously the first feeling was shock — to come in to find vitriol directed against you,” Hoy said of parishioners’ reaction. “Then some anger was involved, saying, ‘Why would you do this?’ That resolved itself pretty quickly. A lot of it now is just bewilderment.”

A stone baptismal font in the garden — which Father Junipero Serra brought to the original mission in 1791 — was spray painted with the word “evil” and was knocked over and broken, Hoy said. Two statues, of Junipero Serra and the Virgin Mary, were covered in paint.

http://calcatholic.com/news/newsArticle....ad1364087b

http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2012/05/08/...ken/?tsp=1

[Image: HolyCross051012.jpg]

[Image: 5.6.2012-400lb.-1791-Fount-300x199.jpg]
How dare these vandals do this! I will say prayers for reparation.
The people who did this are Heathens. Heathens are modern Pagan group, who traces their Religion back to the Nordic Paganism of about a thousand years ago. I will pray for reparations as well.
(05-10-2012, 12:09 PM)WesternWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]The people who did this are Heathens. Heathens are modern Pagan group, who traces their Religion back to the Nordic Paganism of about a thousand years ago. I will pray for reparations as well.

I assume they meant the religions native to Mexico, not Germanic paganism.
(05-10-2012, 12:10 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]I assume they meant the religions native to Mexico, not Germanic paganism.

Unfortunately some of the heathenism still lingers. Look up "santísima muerte."
I wonder if this will get the same attention as if a moslem place was vadalized?? We had something similar happen here to moslems and it was all over the news how they felt so mistreated that some might return to Iraq :sobstory: The police treated it as a hate crime!!
The city of Santa Cruz is very like a small San Francisco, full of immoral liberals.
(05-10-2012, 05:21 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]The city of Santa Cruz is very like a small San Francisco, full of immoral liberals.

Indeed. But, find me a place that is not full of immoral liberals. SF and SC may be more notorious, but I bet most cities are like this. Paris, LA, Manila, Moscow, and Rio de Janeiro are probably just as immoral.
I hope they catch the bastards who did this.
The pagans are with us again. May light of the Christian God shine again with more splendor and destroy this darkness once again.
Pages: 1 2