FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Letter of Three Bishops to the SSPX General Council
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone else see this? You think this is authentic? It is an SSPX site.

Since the situation has not changed substantially, since the condition prescribed by the Chapter of 2006 was by no means carried out (a doctrinal change in Rome which would permit a practical agreement), at least listen to your Founder. It was right 25 years ago. It is right still today. On his behalf, we entreat you: do not engage the Society in a purely practical agreement.

http://op54rosary.ning.com/forum/topics/...cerning-an-

What part of pray, sacrifice, and don't spread rumors don't people understand?  I question the authenticity of these letters.  After everything that's going on, would the Bishops really put this out for everyone to self interpret?  Maybe so, I don't know.  But I do know that nothing good can come from this.  Information will be provided as needed.  When decisions are needed to be made by the faithful, God will provide.  That time is not now.  Now is the time for prayer and sacrifice.  Stop the ridiculous speculation.  No good can come from it.

This site is not an official SSPX site.  It is a personal site run by someone sympathetic to the SSPX.
(05-10-2012, 12:43 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]What part of pray, sacrifice, and don't spread rumors don't people understand?  

Information will be provided as needed.  When decisions are needed to be made by the faithful, God will provide.  That time is not now.  Now is the time for prayer and sacrifice.  Stop the ridiculous speculation.  No good can come from it.

This site is not an official SSPX site.  It is a personal site run by someone sympathetic to the SSPX.

THIS
I would not say the letters themselves are rumours. This is a serious matter (a potential deal), and of course many people are worried about it. It seems to me, however, that many people don't even want to talk about it.
Already covered in this thread:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...673.0.html

The thread also includes the update posted by Rorate.
(05-10-2012, 12:57 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]I would not say the letters themselves are rumours. This is a serious matter (a potential deal), and of course many people are worried about it. It seems to me, however, that many people don't even want to talk about it.
You mean, gossip about it. That is correct.
Some of us will wait until the SSPX officially opens these "letters" to the faithful. Assuming they are authentic.

But let us never assume anything.

ASSUME:
it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Until then. :censored:

There's a thread already. Go there:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...673.0.html
Just for reference purposes, here is what Fr. John Hardon defines as gossip:

Fr. John Hardon SJ, Dictionary Wrote:Idle talk, especially about others. The morality of gossip is determined by the degree to which time is wasted in useless conversation, by the failure in justice or charity committed against others, and by the damage done to people’s reputation by those who gossip.
(05-10-2012, 12:22 PM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else see this? You think this is authentic? It is an SSPX site.

Since the situation has not changed substantially, since the condition prescribed by the Chapter of 2006 was by no means carried out (a doctrinal change in Rome which would permit a practical agreement), at least listen to your Founder. It was right 25 years ago. It is right still today. On his behalf, we entreat you: do not engage the Society in a purely practical agreement.

http://op54rosary.ning.com/forum/topics/...cerning-an-

It has since been removed
(05-10-2012, 12:55 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2012, 12:43 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]What part of pray, sacrifice, and don't spread rumors don't people understand?  

Information will be provided as needed.  When decisions are needed to be made by the faithful, God will provide.  That time is not now.  Now is the time for prayer and sacrifice.  Stop the ridiculous speculation.  No good can come from it.

THIS

THIS.  I am praying my Rosary even more than ever today for Bp. Fellay and the Holy Father.
Pages: 1 2 3 4