FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The SSPX/Rome Official Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Well, how voteth ye?

Option three would apply to anyone who would attend an sspx mass, as I know some sedes would if it was all that was available.  Option three should read "stop attending instead of "stop attended."  Pay close attention to the wording, as most of the options denote whether or not you currently attend the sspx.  Option two might be better read as, "I will continue to attend their masses, even if they compromise (as in, "tone it down").  Also, option five is mainly for sedes who won't attend masses that pray for the pope.  I doubt we have any non-sede members that would refuse to go to a society mass, even if regularized-- but if we do, that's your option.

Please do not consider things like driving distance or other such factors when making your decision.   

I voted If the SSPX are regularized, I would begin to attend their masses (I do not currently, due to their canonical status)

MY spiritual director told me not to go and I will be obedient to him until the society has been regularized.

I go to a diocesan mass on sundays but I will go everyday to daily mass with the society if I can
Even if they are regularized, I would be willing to attend their Mass if I knew that everything (orders, etc.) were valid.
(05-12-2012, 06:24 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]Even if they are regularized, I would be willing to attend their Mass if I knew that everything (orders, etc.) were valid.

So option 2?

That's where I stand, as well.  I wouldn't stop attending a valid TLM for any reason.  I hate, loathe and detest the idea of the society compromising, but I'm not going to kid myself-- I'd go to that mass. 
I already attend SSPX Masses and would continue to do so if they were regularized.  I do not currently receive Communion (more out of obedience to my spiritual director than from any personal misgivings) or go to Confession.  This would change with regularization.
(05-12-2012, 06:27 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]That's where I stand, as well.  I wouldn't stop attending a valid TLM for any reason.  I hate, loathe and detest the idea of the society compromising, but I'm not going to kid myself-- I'd go to that mass. 

I guess I'll vote (2) then.
If I were in a diocese where there wasn't a dedicated Tridentine Rite community, I would have no problem whatsoever attending SSPX chapels.  Rome has ruled in this favor and even has stated that SSPX marriages are valid, ceteris paribus.

Thankfully, I need not make that assessment at this time since the Institute has an apostolate here.
I'd go.  I'd already go anyway if it's readily available and there's no other TLM around.  However, they're not close by so realistically, I won't be going one way or the other.
Lol, can you guess how I voted?
This poll assumes that the Society would compromise which will never happen. They have been the only stronghold of Tradition in its full sense and who are Faithful to the official structure of the Church-- as evident by their even conversing and seeking "regularization". And for the NO catholics... obviously your NO spiritual director is going to tell you not to even deal with the Society as he is probably himself a Modernist or at the least tainted by the Modernist seminary he came from.... common sense and reason people... I do admire your obedience though, albeit, imprudent ie against true virtue-- which lies in the middle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20