FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "I am Catholic. In Case of Emergecy, Call a Priest" cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

[Image: catholic_id_front.png]

Awesomeness! Get your Catholic ID cards here:  https://www.catholicid.com/facebook

(05-18-2012, 04:41 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: catholic_id_front.png]

Awesomeness! Get your Catholic ID cards here:  https://www.catholicid.com/facebook

That is pretty awesome...great idea!
There are medals that have that on them.
You could also make your own if you have a printer.
I keep a four-way medal in my wallet that has that written on it along with my pastor's business card so he'd be the first to be called.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious if those who would never attend the N.O. would want a N.O. priest called if they were dying, or prefer no priest at all (assuming their are no trad priests nearby).
(05-19-2012, 01:38 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: [ -> ]I keep a four-way medal in my wallet that has that written on it along with my pastor's business card so he'd be the first to be called.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious if those who would never attend the N.O. would want a N.O. priest called if they were dying, or prefer no priest at all (assuming their are no trad priests nearby).

I'd imagine that'd heavily depend on whether or not the trad in question thought NO priests had valid orders.

If so, then I'd assume they'd want him.  A priest is a priest.

If not, well.
(05-19-2012, 01:38 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: [ -> ]I keep a four-way medal in my wallet that has that written on it along with my pastor's business card so he'd be the first to be called.

In such case of emergency, any priest, whether he be laicized, suspended (a divinis, i.e., no faculties), schismatic (Orthodox, SV, et al.), Novus Ordo., et al., can be summoned and he can exercise the faculty to absolve sins.  If no priest is available, then an Act of Perfect Contrition would be salvific.  .  Let's not get into the canard that the "N.O. has no valid orders."    As a corollary, anybody can baptize in such emergency situation.
(05-19-2012, 02:23 AM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]In such case of emergency, any priest, whether he be laicized, suspended (a divinis, i.e., no faculties), schismatic (Orthodox, SV, et al.), Novus Ordo., et al., can be summoned and he can exercise the faculty to absolve sins.  If no priest is available, then an Act of Perfect Contrition would be salvific.  .  Let's not get into the canard that the "N.O. has no valid orders."    As a corollary, anybody can baptize in such emergency situation.

I agree with all you say here.  I guess I was just curious if that was the opinion of most FEs on here, as I'm guessing some don't believe the NO priests have valid orders, or even if they believe the orders are valid, they'd still prefer to do an "Act of Perfect Contrition" rather than have a NO priest praying over them.  I had never thought of it before, and it just piqued my curiosity.
In Boston we used to tell the joke that members of the Kennedy family carried a similar card that read "I'm an important Catholic. In case of emergency please call a Bishop".
(05-19-2012, 07:30 AM)Starry Plough Wrote: [ -> ]In Boston we used to tell the joke that members of the Kennedy family carried a similar card that read "I'm an important Catholic. In case of emergency please call a Bishop".

Not "In case of emergency please call the nearest Cardinal?"
Pages: 1 2