FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 5 New Priests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz 76 awaiting his successor as Bishop of Lincoln, Nebraska today ordained 5 new priests for the FSSP, This is Great News!!!!!
Some think Bishop James Conley, Apostolic Administrator of Denver, would be a good fit for Lincoln.  Certainly the FSSP must be protected and Bishop Conley has already celebrated some of the ordinations,etc. and he also can offer the Tridentine Mass.

His college roommate, Fr. James Jackson, is with the FSSP.
The Pope has the authority to leave a Bishop in his see till death if he wants, Bishop Bruskewitz deserves that . Why not an FSSP priest as Bishop of Lincoln, send Bishop Conley to San Francisco, they need him more than Lincoln does.
(05-19-2012, 04:38 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope has the authority to leave a Bishop in his see till death if he wants, Bishop Bruskewitz deserves that . Why not an FSSP priest as Bishop of Lincoln, send Bishop Conley to San Francisco, they need him more than Lincoln does.

Nice as that would be, an FSSP priest will not likely ever become bishop of anything. It would be a scandal for the Pope to appoint an Ordinary who's only willing to celebrate the traditional Mass and not use the "Ordinary Form" at all.
Harlequin you forget SCANDAL is what seems to be in vogue today. LOL LOL LOL
(05-19-2012, 04:47 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2012, 04:38 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope has the authority to leave a Bishop in his see till death if he wants, Bishop Bruskewitz deserves that . Why not an FSSP priest as Bishop of Lincoln, send Bishop Conley to San Francisco, they need him more than Lincoln does.

Nice as that would be, an FSSP priest will not likely ever become bishop of anything. It would be a scandal for the Pope to appoint an Ordinary who's only willing to celebrate the traditional Mass and not use the "Ordinary Form" at all.

Would that be active or passive scandal?  Scandal is a word or action evil in itself, which occasions another's spiritual ruin.  I fail to see how the Holy Father would be giving scandal in this regard.
(05-28-2012, 05:34 PM)Marie Wrote: [ -> ]Would that be active or passive scandal?  Scandal is a word or action evil in itself, which occasions another's spiritual ruin.   I fail to see how the Holy Father would be giving scandal in this regard.

I meant "scandal" loosely, from a Novus Ordo'er's point of view.
(05-28-2012, 09:59 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2012, 05:34 PM)Marie Wrote: [ -> ]Would that be active or passive scandal?  Scandal is a word or action evil in itself, which occasions another's spiritual ruin.   I fail to see how the Holy Father would be giving scandal in this regard.

I meant "scandal" loosely, from a Novus Ordo'er's point of view.

Thank you, Harlequin_King.  As you can see I've not many posts and am rather new at this.  Not to mention, a lot goes over me head  Blush