FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: priest's first Mass is a TLM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A priest in the Archdiocese of NY (whose name I don't recall) celebrated his first Mass as a priest today, and he used the 1962 Missal.

Deo gratias!  I'm sure this kind of thing was absolutely unthinkable 20 years ago.

I put it in this subform because it's great news, but let us also pray for him and for all the seminarians of the Archdiocese of NY who are to be ordained in the next few years.

I wish I could have gone to this Mass and supported it, but alas I could not.
Where was the mass?
(05-20-2012, 04:31 PM)Miles Christi Wrote: [ -> ]Where was the mass?

Blessed Sacrament.  A beautiful parish that mostly escaped wreckovation, on the West Side in the 70s (streets not decade).
(05-20-2012, 04:28 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]A priest in the Archdiocese of NY (whose name I don't recall) celebrated his first Mass as a priest today, and he used the 1962 Missal.

Deo gratias!  I'm sure this kind of thing was absolutely unthinkable 20 years ago.

I put it in this subform because it's great news, but let us also pray for him and for all the seminarians of the Archdiocese of NY who are to be ordained in the next few years.

Thats great news.

progress is always good
(05-20-2012, 04:28 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]A priest in the Archdiocese of NY (whose name I don't recall) celebrated his first Mass as a priest today, and he used the 1962 Missal.

According to the parish website it looks like he is Rev. Patrick D'Arcy who was ordained May 19 and celebrated his first Mass at
Blessed Sacrament on May 20. No mention of whether it was a TLM though.

http://www.blessedsacramentnyc.com/parish_news.htm

C.
(05-20-2012, 05:53 PM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]

According to the parish website it looks like he is Rev. Patrick D'Arcy who was ordained May 19 and celebrated his first Mass at
Blessed Sacrament on May 20. No mention of whether it was a TLM though.

http://www.blessedsacramentnyc.com/parish_news.htm

C.

I think it might have been kept quiet so that the wrong people didn't try to shut it down.  But I am certain it was a TLM - it was announced as such specifically from the pulpit at the earlier TLM that I was at.
I know of a priest in Brooklyn who wanted to use the 1962 Missal to say his 1st Mass. Met him 3 years ago.
This made my day. It also reminds me I need to be more consistent in making the restoration of the traditional Mass part of my Rosary intentions.

In the Diocese of Raleigh, a tradition-friendly deacon is going to be ordained to the priesthood in just under two weeks.  His first Mass will be a Solemn High Mass (offered at St Catherine of Sienna in Wake Forest at 5pm on June 2nd).

We had a similar situation about two years ago as well, where a newly ordained priest offered a Solemn High Mass as his second Mass.  He has since begun offering Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, followed by Benediction and then Low Mass each Wednesday (also at St Catherine's).

Even though both forms of the Roman Missal are allowed which theology is the priest following, that i believe is more important.
Pages: 1 2