FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishops sue obama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tp://cnsnews.com/news/article/breaking-cardinal-dolan-ny-cardinal-wuerl-dc-notre-dame-and-40-other-catholic-dioceses

This great that they are fighting Obama.

Do you agree in the way the bishops are handling this?
If not explain how this should be dealt with.
My gut says 'yes' but I'm out of my league when it comes to politics and lawsuits.
Good news but only 43? I think there are 194 dioceses in the USA, where are the rest?

C.
Is it me,but with all the sex scandals and corrupt goverments, our Bishops spend more time with their lawyers and in court than in trying to save souls from going to Hell.
(05-21-2012, 06:50 PM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]Good news but only 43? I think there are 194 dioceses in the USA, where are the rest?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if their legal budgets were already stretched too far from lawsuits of a different nature...
Good. At least someone is standing up to that man. I don't know about American politics, but Obama thinks he rules the world. Sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around the President of the USA.
Funny we keep hearing about the Constitution and nothing about the rights of Christ the King.  Without that this is all meaningless.
(05-21-2012, 11:01 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Funny we keep hearing about the Constitution and nothing about the rights of Christ the King.   Without that this is all meaningless.

Speaking of which - this was the focus of a Michael Davies talk that I listened to today.  The Re-enthronement of Christ the King.  Well worth a listen!
(05-21-2012, 11:01 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Funny we keep hearing about the Constitution and nothing about the rights of Christ the King.   Without that this is all meaningless.

Right, this is the difficulty with a regime that governs essentially according to pure positivism. That being said, I think it's morally acceptable to seek the protection or benefit of such laws (if done for a just reason, which this is), until the country one is living in is evangelized to the point where Christ reigns in the hearts of our rulers (in the case of a democracy, in the hearts of we the people.).
(05-21-2012, 11:23 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ][I]t's morally acceptable to seek the protection or benefit of such laws (if done for a just reason, which this is), until the country one is living in is evangelized to the point where Christ reigns in the hearts of our rulers (in the case of a democracy, in the hearts of we the people.).

I agree.
Pages: 1 2