FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What happened to John Lane's post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I spent a great deal of time putting together a post on my phone only to see that it is no longer available. That really stinks.

I can't even find it in the corn field. Did it just disappear? Did it even exist or was it merely a mirage?
It probably went to the Cornfield.
(05-22-2012, 02:18 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]It probably went to the Cornfield.

Edit: ooops I didn't see that you already mentioned the Cornfield. I'm sure it was deleted then.
I don't know from the name, but was that the one that was looking for converts to sedevacantism, under the guise of "let's all be friends" ?

tim
(05-22-2012, 02:33 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know from the name, but was that the one that was looking for converts to sedevacantism, under the guise of "let's all be friends" ?

tim

Probably got deleted. Should've been moved to the Cornfield.
Yes, Tim. That is the one I was talking about.
Adam, I gave him a little polite what for and poof, It's gone. Vox probably found it and came to a similar conclusion.

tim
(05-22-2012, 05:02 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Adam, I gave him a little polite what for and poof, It's gone. Vox probably found it and came to a similar conclusion.

tim

Have you checked his website (strobertbellarmine.net)?  It should be there.  I have known John Lane since the late '80s.  I glanced at and read a few paragraphs of the post in question but like everybody else found it deleted.  I would have liked to have read all of it and the reason why he posted it.  I have gone through the debate that was moved to the cornfield and had no wish to engage in the discussion.  I suppose that sedes have their problems too about unity and there are disagreements among them.  There are many questions that need to be resolved, but unfortunately much of these have become so complicated as to obscure what could have been simply an easy solution:  a vacancy in the Chair of Peter for an extended length of time (since 1958, or some going as far as 134 years) I find contrary and inharmonious to the promises of Christ as to the indefectibility of His Church.  We are not privy to His reasons why He would leave His people orphans (which He said He would not) and allow the unaccountable number of souls to be lost (following a false leader), thus we merely have to leave all to Providence.  If the Sedes are right, we who are loyal and faithful to the promises of Christ are doomed, or so it would seem.  If the sedes are wrong, they always have the rationale of relying on Certitude which cannot mislead as is claimed and ergo come clear when they meet Christ.  I have not seen a quote or assertion by the sedes that St. Robert Bellarmine or Cajetan has said Christ would never allow this to happen.  They did say it.
(05-23-2012, 08:04 AM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]a vacancy in the Chair of Peter for an extended length of time (since 1958, or some going as far as 134 years)

...wait, what??!!
(05-23-2012, 11:44 AM)tmw89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2012, 08:04 AM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]a vacancy in the Chair of Peter for an extended length of time (since 1958, or some going as far as 134 years)

...wait, what??!!

A few people on the Internet say that Pius IX was the last pope, and that there are no Catholic priests on earth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4