FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope calling for clarifications of Vatican II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Pope sounds like he is using the anniversary of the Council as an opportunity for much needed clarificatations:  "[M]ay the 50th anniversary of its beginning [of Vatican II], which we will celebrate in the fall, be an occasion to deepen the study of its texts, the condition for a dynamic and faithful reception." http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/05...pture.html

It sure would be great to have the SSPX on board for this process.
I don't think the problem has been that the texts have not been studied deeply enough.  I think the problem is the exact opposite.

Yes, it would be nice to have the Society on board for this, but only because they will emphasize the need to forget nonsense and return to pre-Conciliar texts.
I would like to see serious, official attempts to reconcile the documents.
(05-24-2012, 03:07 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see serious, official attempts to reconcile the documents.

That has been my reaction ever since I realized there was a problem.  I would be pleased to have this done at all.  To have it done with input from the SSPX is very exciting to me.
Thanks for posting this Jayne.

May God grant H.H. many more years.
J+M+J
(05-24-2012, 03:07 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see serious, official attempts to reconcile the documents.

Practically speaking, one has to wonder about the prudence of such a thing.  Perhaps the documents (or parts of them) can be reconciled.  If that were the case, would it be prudent to do so now or in close proximity to the crisis?  We know that, even according to the documents themselves, they are not doctrinally essential to the faith.

This is a speculative question, but if they can be put on the back-burner, wouldn't it be most prudent to do so, at least until the plethora of heresies tied to overzealous or erroneous reading of the Conciliar documents dies down?  It would seem a bit like mining a theologian during the thick of the 13th century whom most Albigensians had revered. 
(05-24-2012, 03:26 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]

Practically speaking, one has to wonder about the prudence of such a thing.  Perhaps the documents (or parts of them) can be reconciled.  If that were the case, would it be prudent to do so now or in close proximity to the crisis?  We know that, even according to the documents themselves, they are not doctrinally essential to the faith.

This is a speculative question, but if they can be put on the back-burner, wouldn't it be most prudent to do so, at least until the plethora of heresies tied to overzealous or erroneous reading of the Conciliar documents dies down?  It would seem a bit like mining a theologian during the thick of the 13th century whom most Albigensians had revered. 

It seems to me that the most likely practical effect from such a process is to pull the rug out from under liberal theologians.  I see that as a very good thing.
(05-24-2012, 03:26 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]

What if the attempt to reconcile the documents with the rest of Catholic teachings actually helps the plethora of heresies to die down?
(05-24-2012, 03:26 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Practically speaking, one has to wonder about the prudence of such a thing.  Perhaps the documents (or parts of them) can be reconciled.  If that were the case, would it be prudent to do so now or in close proximity to the crisis?  We know that, even according to the documents themselves, they are not doctrinally essential to the faith.

Well, Walt, we all wonder about the prudence of many things these last fifty years. It could be imprudent to try to undo the crisis and conciliar revolution right now, but as you know, I am absolutely against kowtowing to modernists, indifferentists, old guard "liberals" (actually modernists), ecumenists, or even non-Catholics, which has sadly been the case the last five decades. But not to an elderly missionary Archbishop, who simply wanted to ensure the transmission of Catholic truth. But the heretical, schismatic Archlayman Rowan Williams is allowed to sacrilegiously stage a "service" on the altar of the ancient Roman church, the Basilica di Santa Sabina all'Aventino. I quite frankly don't buy into the "it can be hijacked line." These men need to show themselves, and as Fr. Gommar de Pauw said, "be thou Peter!" Stop pandering to everyone else except those who love the Church and get something done.

Reconcile them. If not, throw them in a trash can or burn them.

(05-24-2012, 03:26 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]This is a speculative question, but if they can be put on the back-burner, wouldn't it be most prudent to do so, at least until the plethora of heresies tied to overzealous or erroneous reading of the Conciliar documents dies down?  It would seem a bit like mining a theologian during the thick of the 13th century whom most Albigensians had revered. 

I don't know. How long should we and millions or other souls have to wait for the tide to abide? A lot of trads think that this is basically what's gonna happen, and that everything is a matter of time. I just don't know. If these conciliar popes and authorities really have the authority of Christ, then they should exercise it at once. To Hell with what the modernist "liberal" heretics want, or the secular, clueless media.

I mean, this is real talk. If I am the head of a household, and one wing of the house is full of leaks, is flooded, and rotting away, I could not just sit there and do nothing. Or say that "my house is amidst a new springtime."

I just want them to step up right now. Too much has happened for too long, and people are at their limits.
I sincerely hope it comes in the form of a new syllabus of errors issued by the Holy Father himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7