FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ignatius of Lyala a murderer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, i'm consistently worried about my parents new "church" teaching some rather bizarre things, or at least the spirit there inviting things that are rather unsightly (such as my mother reading books about papal antichrists and whatnot).

The latest bizarreness was my mom stating that Ignatius of Loyola was an evil person and that there was a statue somewhere of him stepping on the neck of a woman.

I searched in vain for pictures or documentation of such a statue, and wiki yielded nothing about any unsavory activity on his part, even in its treatment of his soldiering career.

Is there any truth to this or is it just some more prot conspiracy nonsense?  It wouldn't be the first time, lately my mom was learning how various cults in the reformation era were "just like " modern american protestantism, including a few that didn't even believe in the Trinity.  :eyeroll:
It sounds like pure nonsense to me. Probably linked to Black Legend and anti-Jesuit falsehoods.
(05-26-2012, 10:07 PM)Norbert Wrote: [ -> ]So, i'm consistently worried about my parents new "church" teaching some rather bizarre things, or at least the spirit there inviting things that are rather unsightly (such as my mother reading books about papal antichrists and whatnot).

The latest bizarreness was my mom stating that Ignatius of Loyola was an evil person and that there was a statue somewhere of him stepping on the neck of a woman.

I searched in vain for pictures or documentation of such a statue, and wiki yielded nothing about any unsavory activity on his part, even in its treatment of his soldiering career.

Is there any truth to this or is it just some more prot conspiracy nonsense?  It wouldn't be the first time, lately my mom was learning how various cults in the reformation era were "just like " modern american protestantism, including a few that didn't even believe in the Trinity.   :eyeroll:

I think Jack Chick published a comic book about the Jesuits called "Alberto" that contains this story. Like everything else Chick publishes about the Church, it's a lie.
(05-26-2012, 10:09 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like pure nonsense to me. Probably linked to Black Legend and anti-Jesuit falsehoods.
This>
There are many conspiracy theories about how the Jesuits were/are the Popes hitmen. Look up the Black Nobility, but be warned it is a bunck anti-Catholic nonsense.
If there is such a statue it is probably allegorical of sinfulness
(05-27-2012, 12:21 AM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]If there is such a statue it is probably allegorical of sinfulness

Or marriage.
(05-27-2012, 12:23 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2012, 12:21 AM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]If there is such a statue it is probably allegorical of sinfulness

Or marriage.