FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. Paul Schoonbroodt RIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In your charity, please pray for the repose of the soul of:

Fr. Paul Schoonbroodt (1933–2012)

He was parish priest of Steffeshausen, Belgium and a hero of the traditionalist movement in Europe. He gave several retreats for us at Most Holy Trinity Seminary, and was a faithful supporter of our work, especially during our problems here in late 2009.

He was also the target of a lawsuit from SSPX because, even though he was a sedevacantist, he was involved in the project of putting on the Internet the conferences of Abp. Lefebvre, some of which Menzingen wanted to suppress. (Too "hard line"!)

Fr. Schoonbroodt died "with his boots on." Even at his advanced age, he still had the remarkable energy of a young missionary, and took care not only of his home parish in Belgium, but also of missions in Sweden and the Czech Republic, where he died from injuries in a car accident on his missionary journey.

May he rest in peace!
R.I.P.

I know that Abp. Lefebvre did confirmations for his parish, and that he remained pastor of his diocesan parish until the 1980s.
Certainly he needs prayers but In the interests of full disclosure since I am sure many people would not be aware:

Someone posted this on another forum
Quote:Let us pray for his soul.

This priest was also the director of the site virgo-maria, which published non-ending calumnies and lies especially against Mgr Williamson:

Virgo-Maria.org
www.virgo-maria.org/ - Translate this page
M. Le Curé Paul Schoonbroodt, directeur des sites Virgo-Maria et Rore-Sanctifica, poursuivi en justice par Mgr Fellay, les abbés Schmidberger et Cacqueray, ...
:pray:

R.I.P.
Requiescat in Pace.

(05-27-2012, 11:41 AM)obscurus Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly he needs prayers but In the interests of full disclosure since I am sure many people would not be aware:

Someone posted this on another forum
Quote:Let us pray for his soul.

This priest was also the director of the site virgo-maria, which published non-ending calumnies and lies especially against Mgr Williamson:

Virgo-Maria.org
www.virgo-maria.org/ - Translate this page
M. Le Curé Paul Schoonbroodt, directeur des sites Virgo-Maria et Rore-Sanctifica, poursuivi en justice par Mgr Fellay, les abbés Schmidberger et Cacqueray, ...

Thanks. And my response was as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Nemmersdorf,

I'm familiar with the Virgo Maria connection.

Fr. Schoonbroodt was cynically lured into supposedly endorsing this by Louis-Hubert Rémy, whom everyone considers a first class nutter. He's not the first old priest who was taken advantage of and he won't be the last.

I think his name was terribly abused by Rémy. One of our priests recalls being at dinner with Father and Rémy, and the latter boldly and aggressively dominated the whole conversation with his crackpot theories.

No one could take seriously the rabid and farcical pronouncements about "l'évëque de la rose" in Virgo Maria. We would amuse ourselves here by reading the Rémy ravings aloud and laughing; they were like a nutty parody of trad conspiracy theory. Having known Bp. Williamson, I suspect he probably found the denunciations amusing.

And no one who personally knew Fr. Schoonbroodt could possibly believe he approved of this vile stuff. He was meek, charitable in speech and edifying in his personal piety. Such men are often abused by others with "agendas." We see this time and again in the lives of the saints.

Father also suffered persecution because of his defense of Abp. Lefebvre, and was stripped of his parish by the local Ordinary when he defended the 1988 consecrations.

So Fr. Schoonbroodt deserves to be remembered for the many good things he did and stood for, rather than for the words and deeds of those who abused his name and sullied it.

May he rest in peace!
I pray that today he was told by Our Lord well done my good and faithful servant.  Holy Mass will be heard for the repose of his priestly soul.
  May he Rest in Peace.

Joe
Another swipe at the Society at the expense of a deceased priest.

>:(
Pages: 1 2