FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Papal butler taking the fall?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/2...CG20120526
Quote:But what could have prompted the pope's butler, who was formally charged by Vatican magistrates on Saturday with illegal possession of secret documents, to betray the man who trusted him?

Further down in the article, it's suggested that the butler is taking the fall for this. I don't know what to think...any thoughts?
[Image: clue-game.jpg]
The story sounds like it'd make a great sequel to Windswept House.
That's really the point, Windswept House has never ended, and it's getting worse.  The simultaneous sacking of Ettore Tedeschi for money laundering should ring the bell for the Cardinal Marcinkus-Roberto Calvi Affair. The vati-leaks of top secret information lines up very nicely with the death of Roberto Calvi. When Scotland Yard retrieved his body, his attache case had dossiers on churchmen in the Vatican that were Masons. The dossiers disappeared from the yard, turned up in the Vatican, submerged and reappeared in the Yard. Back to Marcinkus, he seemed to be doing a double dip in two currencies over the weekend, which funded Solidarnocz, and collapsed a Philadelphia Bank. It was investigated here by the FBI and others but Pope John Paul II gave Cardinal Macinkus diplomatic papers, and he spent the rest of his life golfing in I think Arizona, and could not be touched by the FBI. 

tim
(05-27-2012, 12:35 PM)Azurestone Wrote: [ -> ][Image: clue-game.jpg]

So who did it anyway?
The Butler!

In the Papal Office, with.... a candle stick!.. wait... no...
Much of this revolves around Cardinal Bertone, I believe.
It's hard to say at this point, I guess we will have to wait and see. The butler's former confessor is defending him:
“I find what is going on incomprehensible - the monsignor went on to say – because Paolo was thought very highly of in the Vatican. I have never heard anyone speak ill of him or spread any rumours about him: and believe me this is rare, because unfortunately ours is a world where nasty things are often said and heard.” The monsignor also shared an important piece of information on the alleged poison pen letter writer who was arrested this morning by the papal Gendarmerie, led by General Domenico Giani. “Paolo always listened to those who wanted to speak with him; he was always kind and smiley with everyone. He never backed away when someone needed his help, when someone needed his support, and I know this from personal experience.” So many of the Vatican’s lay employees confided in him.'

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/hom...ano-15397/

C.
(05-27-2012, 02:21 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]That's really the point, Windswept House has never ended, and it's getting worse.  The simultaneous sacking of Ettore Tedeschi for money laundering should ring the bell for the Cardinal Marcinkus-Roberto Calvi Affair. The vati-leaks of top secret information lines up very nicely with the death of Roberto Calvi. When Scotland Yard retrieved his body, his attache case had dossiers on churchmen in the Vatican that were Masons. The dossiers disappeared from the yard, turned up in the Vatican, submerged and reappeared in the Yard. Back to Marcinkus, he seemed to be doing a double dip in two currencies over the weekend, which funded Solidarnocz, and collapsed a Philadelphia Bank. It was investigated here by the FBI and others but Pope John Paul II gave Cardinal Macinkus diplomatic papers, and he spent the rest of his life golfing in I think Arizona, and could not be touched by the FBI. 

tim

Tim, where did you get this information about Calvi's attaché case from?
How naive of me to think the salvation of soul's is the #1 priority of the Church.
Pages: 1 2