FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
My spidey sense is telling me we are under an increased attack, and if you look around you'll see what I mean. I'm suggesting these few tips as an ongong effort to stem the tide and for our own perseverance. First God is mocked and blasphemed every day, here's a little reparation to be said daily. Work it in to your schedules.

The Divine Praises are a series of acclamations praising God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Blessed Mother, St. Joseph and all the angels and saints. It was written originally in Italian in 1797 by Luigi Felici, S.J. to make reparations against blasphemy and profanity. Since then it has been added to by recent Popes giving us this present form. The Divine Praises are often used at Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.

BENEDICTUS Deus.

BLESSED be God.

Benedictum Nomen Sanctum eius.

Blessed be His Holy Name.

Benedictus Iesus Christus, verus Deus et verus homo.

Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man.

Benedictum Nomen Iesu.

Blessed be the name of Jesus.

Benedictum Cor eius sacratissimum.

Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.

Benedictus Sanguis eius pretiosissimus.

Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.

Benedictus Iesus in sanctissimo altaris Sacramento.

Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.

Benedictus Sanctus Spiritus, Paraclitus.

Blessed be the Holy Spirit the Paraclete.

Benedicta excelsa Mater Dei, Maria sanctissima.

Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary Most Holy.

Benedicta sancta eius et immaculata Conceptio.

Blessed be her holy and Immaculate Conception.

Benedicta eius gloriosa Assumptio.

Blessed be her glorious Assumption.

Benedictum nomen Mariae, Virginis et Matris.

Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.

Benedictus sanctus Ioseph, eius castissimus Sponsus.

Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.

Benedictus Deus in Angelis suis, et in Sanctis suis.

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.

Amen.

Because of the precarious nature of this crisis no one knows if a priest will be there if and when we die. Learn the Perfect Act of Contrition, and say no other. Practice makes perfect, and it could save your soul. Teach your children and grandchildren, and anyone that'll listen.

There are many forms of the Act of Contrition. This one is the standard Act of Contrition found in such sources as the Baltimore Catechism.

DEUS meus, ex toto corde paenitet me omnium meorum peccatorum, eaque detestor, quia peccando, non solum poenas a Te iuste statutas promeritus sum, sed praesertim quia offendi Te, summum bonum, ac dignum qui super omnia diligaris. Ideo firmiter propono, adiuvante gratia Tua, de cetero me non peccaturum peccandique occasiones proximas fugiturum. Amen.

O MY God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee and I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and avoid the near occasions of sin. Amen.

Next make a spiritual communion every day if you can not receive. I use the Anima Christi, but there are others.

The author of this traditional prayer from the Roman Missal is unknown. It has often been attributed to St. Ignatius of Loyola (1491-1556), for it was indeed a favorite of his and it appears at the beginning of his Spiritual Exercises. However, he could not have been its author for a copy of the prayer appears in a document from 1334, a good century and a half before St. Ignatius was born. Others have attributed it to Blessed Bernadine of Feltre (1439-1494), but again the prayer was around for at least a century before his time as well. The prayer is also known as the Prayer of St. Patrick and some scholars formerly placed the prayer's composition in seventh century Ireland. This too seems unlikely, since no copy that early is known to exist. The prayer carries a partial indulgence.

ANIMA Christi, sanctifica me.
Corpus Christi, salva me.
Sanguis Christi, inebria me.
Aqua lateris Christi, lava me.
Passio Christi, conforta me.
O bone Iesu, exaudi me.
Intra tua vulnera absconde me.
Ne permittas me separari a te.
Ab hoste maligno defende me.
In hora mortis meae voca me.
Et iube me venire ad te,
Ut cum Sanctis tuis laudem te
in saecula saeculorum.

Amen.

SOUL of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds, hide me.
Separated from Thee let me never be.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
At the hour of death, call me.
To come to Thee, bid me,
That I may praise Thee in the company
Of Thy Saints, for all eternity.

Amen.

Persevere !  Remember ask and you shall receive. This battle is the worst, and we need the grace to stay in our foxholes and fight. I use this Concede.

From the Imitation of Christ, book. 3, chapter 15, v. 3.

CONCEDE mihi, benignissime Iesu, gratiam tuam, ut mecum sit et mecum laboret mecumque in finem usque perseveret. Da mihi hoc semper desiderare et velle, quod tibi magis acceptum est carius placet. Tua voluntas mea sit, et mea voluntas tuam semper sequatur, et optime ei concordet. Sit mihi unum velle et nolle tecum, nec aliud posse velle aut nolle, nisi quod Tu vis et nolis. Amen.

GRANT me Thy grace, most merciful Jesus, that it may be with me and work with me and persevere with me even to the end. Grant that I may always desire and will that which is to Thee most acceptable and most dear. Let Thy will be mine, and let my will ever follow Thine and agree perfectly with it. Let my willing and not-willing be all one with Thine, and let me not be able to will or not will anything else but what Thou willest or willest not. Amen.

One more. I don't know if you know but in the old days at the elevation we said as St. Thomas; Dominus Meus et Deus Meus. or My Lord and my God. In the day it had an indulgence attached but I have no idea if it still does, but if it was good for us in 1950 it is still good for us in 2012.

In the past couple of months I've seen some of us wounded spiritually and that's why I'm suggesting addng these daily.

The devil like a roaring lion is looking for our souls, resist him strong in Faith.

tim 
Thank you, Tim.

More posts like this please or ideas toward Catholic Action. I have an idea I will share in another post.

I'm really tired of debating minor points with people I am in general agreement with.
Exactly, Adam, let's take it to the enemy, not nit pick other faithful Catholics. I mean I like all the free arguing here and it is useful, but this is the time to kick ass.

tim
Yo know, I get the same feeling, I've been telling my kids that something strange is afoot.

There are a few folks over on the Traditional forum on CA that is posting similar things...

My point being, as is yours,  there are a lot of folks getting the same feeling that somebody diabolical is afoot. I think suggestions like yours and Catholic Actions are in order and excellent ideas.
Thanks Tim.  Best fortification is prayer, whether something bad is afoot or not.  I say the Divine Praises nightly after saying the prayer for Daily Neglects and the St. Gertrude prayer for the Holy Souls.  Then the Act of Contrition, Spiritual Communion, thank Jesus for the graces received during the day and for preserving me from sin (and harm), remind Him to grant me the grace of holy perseverance, the grace to remain faithful, the grace to die in His friendship (happy/holy death), and to the Holy Ghost.  Then to Mary to render thanksgiving through her. 

Prayer for Daily Neglects
(To be said before retiring at night)

ETERNAL FATHER, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all Its Love, all Its Sufferings,all Its Merits.

FIRST: To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and in all my life.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

SECOND: To purify the good I have done badly this day and in all my life.
Glory be to the Father...

THIRD: To supply for the good I ought to have done, and which I have neglected to do this day and in all my life.
Glory be to the Father...

Aspirations to the Holy Ghost
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy
Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work too may be holy
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy
Strenghten me, O Holy Spirit, that I may defend all that is holy
Protect me, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy

Act of Resignation to the Divine Will
O Lord my God, I now at this moment readily and willingly accept at Thy hand whatever kind of death it may please Thee to send me, with all its pains, penalties and sorrows.

I always thought to myself that since I cannot give 10% of my income to the support of the Church (since I don't make enough), I'd give 10% of my day (2.4 hours) to God by prayer and other works (sacrifices).  I don't know if I even can come close to devoting 2.4 hours, though not in a certain period of time but spread across the whole day.  Some days I do, others I don't.
That's the deal Vincentius ! Let's compare notes here. There are others also, and some folks will post along the way. As I think during the day, I'll see about other prayer.

tim
What a great thread.  As bad as things may get, we must remember that we know the end and work towards it.  We are in the midst of a war like no other before it and must gird ourselves to fight the good fight.  Prayer and the sacraments are our best weapons.  Always at the ready!

This litany has worked miracles in my life and I think it fits in perfectly with what you all are speaking of.  Satan cannot deal with humility.

The Litany of Humility

O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, hear me.

From the desire of being esteemed, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being loved, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being extolled, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being honored, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being praised, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being preferred to others, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being consulted, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being approved, deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear of being humiliated, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being despised, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of suffering rebukes, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being calumniated, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being forgotten, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being ridiculed, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being wronged, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being suspected, deliver me, Jesus.

That others may be loved more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That in the opinion of the world,
others may increase, and I may decrease, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I unnoticed, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may become holier than I,
provided that I may become as holy as I should. Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

Amen

Amen with humility he has nothing to work with there. It's like in war making your self a smaller target so you won't get shot. Those going about speaking lofty things are obvious targets. Now is the time for the little way.

tim
:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
Thanks Tim and others.  Bookmarked.

For Adoration, Thanksgiving, Reparation and Intentions.

:pray:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5