FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Corpus Christi Procession in 1960
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Let us weep and pray to Our Lord to return his Church back to her former glory and richness. 
Thank you so much for this!  Simply beautiful.
As a former thurifer, maybe I wasn't using the proper technique.
(06-07-2012, 11:17 PM)Lee Timmer Wrote: [ -> ]As a former thurifer, maybe I wasn't using the proper technique.

it looks like the chains are retractable
Corpus Christi in 2007 in Bavaria:

Some of these little girls from 1960 are proably rabid feminists today
one of the local NO parishes in our area actually had a beautiful procession yesterday... they have it every year.... all the 1st communicants join in, and a large portion of the parish.... process around the church/school campus while singing hymns .. the children toss rose petals....  we never miss it....  and this is at the same parish where they have Life Teen and a huge Charismatic contingent... go figure!
Our parish merges with a neighboring parish for a huge Corpus Christi procession every year too. The procession is about 2 miles. The Blessed Sacrament leads the procession, traditional hymns are sung and there are certain houses (stations) we stop at for prayers. There are usually five or six priests, as many deacons, and a few seminarians. Both of these parishes have a huge German population. Corpus Christi traditions are simply more popular in some countries/cultures than in others.
(06-11-2012, 12:21 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: [ -> ]one of the local NO parishes in our area actually had a beautiful procession yesterday... they have it every year.... all the 1st communicants join in, and a large portion of the parish.... process around the church/school campus while singing hymns .. the children toss rose petals....  we never miss it....   and this is at the same parish where they have Life Teen and a huge Charismatic contingent... go figure!

Yeah, I figure they have espoused the "big tent" theory... you do your thing and I'll do mine.
yes, you might be right... it is sort of a 'mega church' with about a thousand families registered.... their weekly envelopes usually total between 12 and 15,000....  (they publish it in the bulletin) ... we dont go there often, but I do love their Corpus Christi procession...
Pages: 1 2