FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Burke: "with the leadership of Pope Benedict XVI and Bp. Fellay this re
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-15-2012, 02:52 PM)bkovacs Wrote: [ -> ]http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/06...-pope.html

Smile

Is there a transcription of this?  I don't have access to speakers right now.  sad

Guess I might have to wait until tonight/tomorrow to listen.  LOL
My ears perked up when I heard Cardinal Burke say the following:

"There will have to be a change (in the SSPX) in the way of thinking and acting by which the obedience to The Holy Father becomes much more concrete."

Essentially he is saying that the Pope wants a reconciliation, there will be rough spots in the transition but his hope is the Church moves forward through them with the Society, through the leadership of Bp. Fellay and the Holy Father, by counting on God.

He further states that there will have to be a shift in approaching obedience to the Holy Father, and further states this is a problem throughout the Church without singling out the Society in so many words.
(06-15-2012, 03:36 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2012, 02:52 PM)bkovacs Wrote: [ -> ]http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/06...-pope.html

Smile

Is there a transcription of this?  I don't have access to speakers right now.  sad

Guess I might have to wait until tonight/tomorrow to listen.   LOL
Cardinal Burke is one of those Cardinal's who Bishop Fellay mentioned when he said there were some Cardinal's in Rome who are in favor of them. Cardinal Burke i hear from sources is a close friend of Father John Berg FSSP Superior
(06-15-2012, 04:25 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]My ears perked up when I heard Cardinal Burke say the following:

"There will have to be a change (in the SSPX) in the way of thinking and acting by which the obedience to The Holy Father becomes much more concrete."

Yes... interesting.
(06-15-2012, 04:25 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]My ears perked up when I heard Cardinal Burke say the following:

This does not sound good.
The "concrete obedience" reference can simply be referring to accepting and acting within ordinary jurisdiction.  He's not saying the SSPX is disobedient. 
I have trouble with the soft-pedaling of the crisis in the Church.  That smacks of dishonesty and a false meekness.  Because these Cardinals can't even issue a negative opinion on the pontificate of any Pope in recent years, they come off as muzzled or propagandists.
The times they are a-changin'
Pages: 1 2 3