FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Time for Prayer, My Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can everyone help me out on this one? Please answer these questions honestly. It will help me with a project I am working. Be realistic with what you do, or could do in your current situation.

Any time amount should be in minutes, or hours and minutes. This is unscientific, so just put what you think. Also it may seem personal to some of you, so if you don't want to have some of it on the board, please PM me. Note that the information is not be used in any specific way. It is being collated together to form a "consensus" view. So please don't think you or your FE name or your info will be used anywhere else. Thanks for participating!

1) How much time do you have available to pray per day, excluding the rosary?

2) Do you have more time on Sunday? If so, how much? [Exclude Mass and rosary.]

3) Of these times, is it in one slot, or is it broken throughout the day? If throughout the day, would you be so kind to let me know when these slots are and how long? (The time should be general -- morning, afternoon, evening, before bed.)

4) Do you prefer prayer in one time slot, or multiple times during the day?

5) Do you prefer structured prayer, or ex tempore (ad lib) prayer?

6) Do you read Scripture regularly at all?

7) Of this extra time, do you pray in private or with a group (family, friends; again, excluding the rosary)?

8 ) Are you male or female?

9) Are you single, married, or dating?

10) Are you in school, working, stay-at-home mother? Use the word "free" if you don't wish to indicate you are retired, or unemployed, or whatever.

11) Do you have children who live with you? If so, how many?

12) Any info you wish to add?

Thanks for your help!

Add: Numbering.  Tip o' the hat to Tim
I'll go first.

1) I have about 2 hours for prayer; Lauds, Prime, at I add a penetential psalm and a collect for the dead, then Vespers, and Compline. In addition but not accounted for are 2 rosaries and a streaming Low Mass. My char ladies come every other thursday and I miss that Mass. I also make an examen at night before bed, with a Pater, Ave, Gloria Patri, and O mi Jesu. My chronic problems get me up three or four times a night, and I repeat the night prayers without the examen when I get up and as I go back. I also use these prayers through out the day when reminded of the dead, or someone's problems.

2) I split the day, because I need a nap every day for about one to two hours.

3) Morning is Lauds and Prime, and these don't count but the Low Mass and a rosary, then in the late afternoon, another rosary not counted, and then later Vespers and Compline. Lately, I pray them together, but sometimes I split them.

4) I like a regular schedule but I'm not hide bound to times.

5) Mostly structured, but I cry out for help.

6) Not actually that much any more except the Psalter, and the Mass.

7) Rarely does any one come around so I'm solo on prayer.

8) Male

9) I'm alone.

10) SS benefits

11) no body here but me

12) I hope others answer.

tim
1) About 45 minutes (mostly on the train) for Lauds, Vespers, and Compline. I get to assist at daily Mass 1-3 times per week, including one TLM.

2) Sadly, I have less time on Sundays.

3) I get three major chunks, plus a few briefs ones, like for the noon Angelus.

4) I prefer having multiple times for prayer each day.

5) I prefer structured prayer, but I mean to improve at ex temporanious praying.

6) No, I rarely read scripture.

7) I usually pray alone, with fiancee when possible.

8) Man.

9) Engaged.

10) Working.

11) Not yet.

12) No.
Come on, does anyone pray? I'm not trying to be intrusive, but can some of you help me out with info? Thanks.
Me next  Grin

1) How much time do you have available to pray per day, excluding the rosary? I haven't counted, but I'm always just saying little prayers and aspirations.Then, maybe an hour set aside on top of that for meditation and the psalms.

2) Do you have more time on Sunday? If so, how much? [Exclude Mass and rosary.] Yes

3) Of these times, is it in one slot, or is it broken throughout the day? If throughout the day, would you be so kind to let me know when these slots are and how long? (The time should be general -- morning, afternoon, evening, before bed.) Mostly broken throughout the day, except for that one hour that I set aside.

4) Do you prefer prayer in one time slot, or multiple times during the day? Multiple times.

5) Do you prefer structured prayer, or ex tempore (ad lib) prayer? Bother (sorry if that's not a good answer)

6) Do you read Scripture regularly at all? Regularly, no, but I do in my Missal.

7) Of this extra time, do you pray in private or with a group (family, friends; again, excluding the rosary)? Only occasionaly, special occasions.

8 ) Are you male or female? Male.

9) Are you single, married, or dating? Single.

10) Are you in school, working, stay-at-home mother? Use the word "free" if you don't wish to indicate you are retired, or unemployed, or whatever. School, but I'm "free" now for the Summer.

11) Do you have children who live with you? If so, how many? No children.

12) Any info you wish to add?

Can we retake the survey if something changes?
Come on now, this tiny response is pathetic. If this was a vid of a polka mass which served beer, the responses and outrage would be epic.  Yet here we are discussing one of the basics of practicing the Faith and poof ! no replies !

tim
(06-19-2012, 04:37 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Come on now, this tiny response is pathetic. If this was a vid of a polka mass which served beer, the responses and outrage would be epic.  Yet here we are discussing one of the basics of practicing the Faith and poof ! no replies !

tim

Yes.  LOL I should have titled it "Novus Ordo Exposed" to get some exposure.
..or secret masonic symbol in new first communion dresses ordered by LA Archdiocese.  Grin

tim
(06-19-2012, 05:40 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2012, 04:37 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Come on now, this tiny response is pathetic. If this was a vid of a polka mass which served beer, the responses and outrage would be epic.  Yet here we are discussing one of the basics of practicing the Faith and poof ! no replies !

tim

Yes.  LOL I should have titled it "Novus Ordo Exposed" to get some exposure.

It is not that I am uninterested in the topic.  But I am uncomfortable posting about it.  My prayer life is kind of private and intimate.

tim

I hope this isn't false advertising.
Pages: 1 2 3