FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Sister Farrell And Cardinal Levada Standoff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Sister Pat Farrell And Cardinal Levada Standoff

[Image: sis.jpg]

Sister Pat Farrell said the assessment that led to a Vatican order to reform the organization “was based on unsubstantiated accusations and the result of a flawed process that lacked transparency.” Sister Farrell, also said that the Vatican move is causing "pain and scandal". "We're all hurt by this."

Cardinal  Levada responding to the possibility that Sister Farrell would not reform the organization said “I suppose if the sisters said, "OK, we're not cooperating with this," we can't force them to cooperate. What we can do, and what we'd have to do, is say to them, "We will substitute a functioning group for yours."

Sister Farrell said the LCWR has not ruled out severing ties between the group and Rome. "The option is always there," said Farrell, who is a member of the Sisters of St Francis in Iowa, an order founded in Germany in 1864 to care for orphans and the elderly.

Cardinal  Levada said the talks with the LCWR  “In some ways, and I used this phrase today, it seems to me like a dialogue of the deaf.”

The Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), has challenged church teachings on homosexuality and the male-only priesthood, and promote radical feminist themes which are incompatible with the Catholic faith. LCWR is a group that claims about 1,500 leaders of US women’s communities as members, represents about 80 percent of the country’s 57,000 women religious.

Read full article at: http://ncronline.org/blogs/all-things-ca...ism-states
it certainly is a "like a dialogue of the deaf".  but will the cardinal really "We will substitute a functioning group for yours,"  does he have the guts for it?  Huh?
(06-16-2012, 04:19 PM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]it certainly is a "like a dialogue of the deaf".  but will the cardinal really "We will substitute a functioning group for yours,"  does he have the guts for it?   Huh?

If it were up to me, I would cut off every branch that bears no fruit.
As the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) began turning towards secular and political interests and began supporting dissents from the Church's teaching.
A parallel association clearly loyal to the Magisterium, and the Holy See was established called the Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious (CMSWR).
It is my guess that Cardinal  Levada will end up dissolving the LCWR and place it under the CMEWR.

The LCWR has 80% of the women religious of the United States, but is aging and declining in numbers.

The  CMSWR has only 20% of the women religious of the United States, but they are younger, and growing in numbers.
God bless his eminence!
He retires any day now he won't have to do what he says
(06-16-2012, 04:10 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ][Image: spf.JPG]

(06-16-2012, 07:36 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]He retires any day now he won't have to do what he says

Have you giving any thought to who you think will be his successor? I have read that it could be Cardinal Gerhardt Ludwig Muller, but I know little about him.
(06-16-2012, 11:20 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2012, 07:36 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]He retires any day now he won't have to do what he says

Have you giving any thought to who you think will be his successor? I have read that it could be Cardinal Gerhardt Ludwig Muller, but I know little about him.

According to a few posts awhile back on the Rorate Caeli blog, he is one with explicit sympathies for Liberation Theology and for doing modernist word-dances around Transubstantiation, amongst other dogmas.