FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: TLM near (or in) Salt Lake City?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll be in Salt Lake City next Sunday and I'm curious if there are TLMs around.  I did a quick search awhile ago and found one that was, I think, about eight miles away.  Is there anything closer?  I won't have a car.  The Cathedral is near the hotel so I can attend Mass there if need be, but I'd prefer a TLM if I could make it to one.

Thanks!
I live in Salt Lake City.  We lost our SSPX mission in 2008.  The only TLM here in SLC now is at St. Martin de Porres, which is a church in the diocese.  The TLM is said by a very holy Polish priest.  It is at 2:00 p.m. every Sunday.  There is a holy and confessions starting at 1:00, an hour before mass.  The address is:

St. Martin de Porres Catholic Church
4914 South 2200 West
Taylorsville, Utah

Taylorsville is a good long ride south and west of SLC.  Alas, our bus service is pretty much nonexistent here on Sundays.  A cab ride from downtown to St. Martin's is right around $35 or $40 each way, or so I have been told.  (I cannot afford to cab it.) 

If you have other questions, please feel free to PM me.
I think that's the one I found, but you never know when there will be something else.  Unless I found some alternate method of transportation, I doubt I'd go because cab rides sound way too steep for me.  Still, having the information is better than not.  Thanks!
The Most Rev. John C. Wester? Look at all the good things, like Corpus Christi processions

[Image: cc_wester.jpg]
Bishop Wester is just waiting for his appointment to San Francisco, he has no time for a Latin Mass.
(06-18-2012, 07:38 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop Wester is just waiting for his appointment to San Francisco, he has no time for a Latin Mass.

If he is appointed, has anything changed? Apart from "appeasing" or trying to appease a "right wing camp?"
(06-18-2012, 07:38 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop Wester is just waiting for his appointment to San Francisco, he has no time for a Latin Mass.

From your lips to God's ears.  The only thing he does is advocate for illegals..... >sad