FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: German bishops to openly defy pope if reconciliation occurs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
From Pius.Info (German SSPX District's official homepage)

I don't have time to translate it here's Google Translate's version.

German bishops to start a call for disobedience - Summary

According to http://summorum-pontificum.de the German bishops are planning an open, organized refusal to accept the recognition of the Society of Saint Pius X were such a recognition to occur. According to a "trustworthy" source all the bishops of the German speaking area are to be obliged (sic) to:
a) in the case of a personal prelature structure inform the superior of their request that all priests and members bound by obedience to to Society withdraw from their dioceses and that all houses be closed and no new ones opened
b) in the case of an ordinariate forbid all priests within their dioceses to have any contact with the Society as well as a complete refusal to put any church property at the Societies disposal.

Then both the Summorum Pontificum article and the pius.info one go on to point out the gravity of such a betrayal of the Holy Father, with pius.info speculating about future emergence of national churches and calling for prayers.
German bishops to openly defy pope if reconciliation occurs?

IMPOSSIBLE!

Not after 50 years of them touting obedience to the pope no matter what. I don't believe NO bishops could ever be guilty of such a terrible offense!
This smacks of the dramatic and seems a bit staged.  The SSPX is already there and the German clergy is going to suddenly telegraph their intentions that they'll be openly hostile to the SSPX? 

This isn't the way the mod squad works.  Their modus operandi is to put the knife in without letting anyone see it.  This kind of overt mustache-twirling villainy is unconvincing.  At least to me it is.

if they hate the SSPX so much, they would wait till they have 'some" influence over them, even if it were to put pressure on the Holy Father.  With no deal, they have no power to exert any pressure on the SSPX beyond superficial.

Are we going to suddenly see a big "smack down" in order to prove to the SSPX what "obedience" really is and further have an opportune example laid right in front of us of how the SSPX will be respected and protected if they accept a deal? 

The German bishops have been uncooperative with Pope Benedict all along.  This sort of open defiance will give the pope an opportunity to take strong measures against them.  One possible outcome is the SSPX regularized and some liberal bishops declared in schism.  This would be a good thing.
(06-18-2012, 04:06 PM)Sigfrid Wrote: [ -> ]From Pius.Info (German SSPX District's official homepage)

I don't have time to translate it here's Google Translate's version.

German bishops to start a call for disobedience - Summary

According to http://summorum-pontificum.de the German bishops are planning an open, organized refusal to accept the recognition of the Society of Saint Pius X were such a recognition to occur. According to a "trustworthy" source all the bishops of the German speaking area are to be obliged (sic) to:
a) in the case of a personal prelature structure inform the superior of their request that all priests and members bound by obedience to to Society withdraw from their dioceses and that all houses be closed and no new ones opened
b) in the case of an ordinariate forbid all priests within their dioceses to have any contact with the Society as well as a complete refusal to put any church property at the Societies disposal.

Then both the Summorum Pontificum article and the pius.info one go on to point out the gravity of such a betrayal of the Holy Father, with pius.info speculating about future emergence of national churches and calling for prayers.

I hope they do, it would quickly be apparent who were the real schismatics and it would make absolutely NO difference to the society  :)
But what about OBEDIENCE!  SUBMIT TO THE PONTIFF.  What he says goes!

Let's see Cdl Burke start shooting his mouth off about the necessity of "regularized" bishops and priests to be obedient (and openly) to the Roman Pontiff.

Or, wait, it's only traditionalists who have anything expected of them.

Lol, why does the SSPX even want to be reconciled with this group?
(06-18-2012, 04:56 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]This smacks of the dramatic and seems a bit staged.  The SSPX is already there and the German clergy is going to suddenly telegraph their intentions that they'll be openly hostile to the SSPX? 

This isn't the way the mod squad works.  Their modus operandi is to put the knife in without letting anyone see it.  This kind of overt mustache-twirling villainy is unconvincing.  At least to me it is.

if they hate the SSPX so much, they would wait till they have 'some" influence over them, even if it were to put pressure on the Holy Father.  With no deal, they have no power to exert any pressure on the SSPX beyond superficial.

Are we going to suddenly see a big "smack down" in order to prove to the SSPX what "obedience" really is and further have an opportune example laid right in front of us of how the SSPX will be respected and protected if they accept a deal? 

I agree with your thoughts here, but perhaps the German bishops no longer have the power that they used to.  If that were the case, this may be their only means of action.
(06-18-2012, 05:11 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]But what about OBEDIENCE!  SUBMIT TO THE PONTIFF.  What he says goes!

Let's see Cdl Burke start shooting his mouth off about the necessity of "regularized" bishops and priests to be obedient (and openly) to the Roman Pontiff.

Or, wait, it's only traditionalists who have anything expected of them.

Lol, why does the SSPX even want to be reconciled with this group?

Cardinal Burke already made a comment about people other than the SSPX needing to obey the Pope more.  He made it very clear that he does not think that the SSPX are the only ones who need to obey.  
(06-18-2012, 05:11 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Or, wait, it's only traditionalists who have anything expected of them
I suspect it's because the liberals almost always just die out...and they have the media and liberal society behind them.
(06-18-2012, 05:15 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2012, 04:56 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]This smacks of the dramatic and seems a bit staged.  The SSPX is already there and the German clergy is going to suddenly telegraph their intentions that they'll be openly hostile to the SSPX? 

I agree with your thoughts here, but perhaps the German bishops no longer have the power that they used to.  If that were the case, this may be their only means of action.

The problem is that they cling to their misunderstanding of collegiality.  These people don't deserve their consecrations - they think the church is a democracy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4