FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our Lady of La Salette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why is it that when the church has fully approved the cult of Our Lady of La Salette, had churches built in her name and had a religious order named after her still the seer Melanie is ridiculed and presented as a liar, and bad person. Meanwhile seers of supposed visions which were never approved of are treated as the salt of the earth. I feel that Melanie's realism added to her reality as a channel God used to spread a prophecy.
Tell me more about Melanie.  A booklet I read about this said she was kind of aloof.
I heard what you did and worse i believe TAN books had 2 books on Melanie but that is all i know, but ive read about her being attacked in Catholic magazine articles, maybe if she had come from a Yugoslav village 100 years later she would be loved.
They did the same thing to Saint Bernadette and the Fatima children, and Mother Mariana De Jesus Torres, there's nothing new under the sun.
(06-18-2012, 08:32 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]... Meanwhile seers of supposed visions which were never approved of are treated as the salt of the earth.

Which seers do you mean?
The so-called 3rd secret of La Salette in which Melanie predicted the apostacy of Rome was not part of the original 2 secrets given to the children and later approved by the Church. From what I understand that third secret has in fact never been approved of.  Some think Melanie made up the secret to get back at Church authorities, as it were. It is for this reason that I've seen Melanie ridiculed/attacked. Unless you're talking about something else, salus.
La Salette seems bogus to me - like it was forced (that is, reading the book of Revelation, not seeing what it is truly about and prescribing it to future events).  La Salette is just another piece of futurist nonsense IMO.
(06-19-2012, 05:07 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]La Salette seems bogus to me - like it was forced (that is, reading the book of Revelation, not seeing what it is truly about and prescribing it to future events).  La Salette is just another piece of futurist nonsense IMO.

Shame The Church doesn't care about your opinion then isn't it?  :LOL: Neither will anyone with any sense for that matter  :P
(06-19-2012, 05:23 PM)TrentCath Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2012, 05:07 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]La Salette seems bogus to me - like it was forced (that is, reading the book of Revelation, not seeing what it is truly about and prescribing it to future events).  La Salette is just another piece of futurist nonsense IMO.

Shame The Church doesn't care about your opinion then isn't it?  :LOL: Neither will anyone with any sense for that matter  :P

There are multitudes of problems with that alleged "apparition," so my opinion definitely has merit.  Just because a portion of it has been deemed O.K. doesn't make it legit.  You need to understand Marian apparitions a bit better  - none of them that are "approved" are set-in-stone dogmas, not even Fatima.
(06-20-2012, 06:43 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2012, 05:23 PM)TrentCath Wrote: [ -> ]

There are multitudes of problems with that alleged "apparition," so my opinion definitely has merit.  Just because a portion of it has been deemed O.K. doesn't make it legit.  You need to understand Marian apparitions a bit better  - none of them that are "approved" are set-in-stone dogmas, not even Fatima.

Those so called problems are to do with the various versions of it, not the vision itself, and who said anything about dogma?  ??? But anyone with sense will need something more than 'I think such and such' before following your view. Your opinion in the end counts for little as against that of the church.
Pages: 1 2