FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our Lady of Akita
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since Our Lady's APPROVED appearance at Akita, Japan in 1973 to Sister Agnes Sasagawa , there has been very little written on this approved vision, we never hear of what Sister Agnes does now 39 years later, she is never shown unlike not approved visionaries who love the camera. Why has no church been named Our Lady of Akita, while other approved visions La Salette and Fatima have churches named after them. What has the SSPX and the sede-vacantists said about this approved vision , do they talk abot it much or approve of it? Very strange how little ink Our Lady of Akita gets when it is of our era, could it be that anything of this era it looked with sceptically, any opinions?
(06-18-2012, 08:43 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Since Our Lady's APPROVED appearance at Akita, Japan in 1973 to Sister Agnes Sasagawa , there has been very little written on this approved vision, we never hear of what Sister Agnes does now 39 years later, she is never shown unlike not approved visionaries who love the camera. Why has no church been named Our Lady of Akita, while other approved visions La Salette and Fatima have churches named after them. What has the SSPX and the sede-vacantists said about this approved vision , do they talk abot it much or approve of it? Very strange how little ink Our Lady of Akita gets when it is of our era, could it be that anything of this era it looked with sceptically, any opinions?

I believe I have heard +Williamson mention Akita. Though I couldn't source it. EWTN did a very good hour long show about the vision years and years ago. As far as the other visions...except among trad circles, almost  noone  I know is aware of Fatima or any other vision. They were never mentioned in parochial school.
I would assume there aren't that many because it happened in Japan and we tend to focus on western phenomena.  On the other hand, how many Our Lady of Knock Parishes are there? 
Before the monetary crisis, when all my Irish cousins flew back to Ireland, Our Lady of Knock was common in comversations with me. Just before the crisis there was some activity there about coming troubles.

tim
(06-19-2012, 07:53 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Before the monetary crisis, when all my Irish cousins flew back to Ireland, Our Lady of Knock was common in comversations with me. Just before the crisis there was some activity there about coming troubles.

tim

I remember.There are some interesting videos on youtube of an "event" there.
There has been quite a bit written about Our Lady of Akita, especially given the fact that back in 1988 then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger is reported to have told Ambassador Howard Dee that the message of Akita and the Third Secret of Fatima are essentially one and the same.

In Traditionalist circles, it's usually the apparitions of Fatima, La Salette, and Our Lady of Good Success that get discussed the most mainly because of their warnings that relate to the future of the Church and the world, whereas apparitions such as Banneux, Beauraing, Pellevoisin, Pontmain, etc. don't get as much mention as they focused on other things. Lourdes is famous mainly because of the miraculous cures relating to it.

Our Lady of Akita even has a page on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Lady-o...1044063559

http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/akita.htm

http://olrl.org/prophecy/akita.shtml

http://www.ewtn.com/library/mary/akita.htm

http://www.marypages.com/Akita.htm
Salus it is interesting that we haven't heard much about Sr Sasagawa in recent times particularly given her message is probably the most ominous ever given to mankind. From what I have read online she fell out of favour with a later bishop left the little convent and has been living with family in Tokyo. From what I have seen of her (dvd called A Hill of Redemption) she seemed a holy and humble soul and very different in nature from some of the more recent and current "seers". The bishop at the time of the apparition John Ito also said Akita is the message of Fatima, how he knew the Fatima third secret I am not exactly sure but he was in contact with then Cardinal Ratzinger who perhaps let him in on things. I particularly like the wooden statue unfortunately no one has produced them for sale, probably the only way to obtain one is to cough up some serious coin and get it custom carved.
If it's "basically the same", why don't they publish the whole secret? I mean, what difference would it make then?
Jesusbrea I have pondered this as well. First of all as has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum we get very few straight answers or statements from the Vatican regarding controversial matters. Much information that we rely upon is from secondhand sources in a sense (in this case I think Dee and Ito are reliable in what they say). Why is this so? Are guys like B16 in some type of danger (remember him requesting to be prayed for so he doesn't flee from fear of the wolves) and just release little snippets in an underhanded manner so others figure out what is happening and then pretend in other ways they are unaware of what is happening; or has B16 and his predecessors had a small doubt in their mind about these apparitions and hence dont come on public record and tell all the world we are at threat of facing the greatest chastisement in history as they ought to have done.

You are right - Akita is a very damning message to the church (ie the devil will infiltrate the church, bishops will oppose bishops, priests who venerate Mary will be scorned etc) and has a certain level of approval so why dont they just release all of Fatima if they are essentially the same. Perhaps the wording of the "fourth secret" alludes to something even more damning such as the apostasy starting at the top (Cardinal Ciappi's words), or maybe even an evil council as others have deduced. Possibly as Emmett O'Regan an Irish Catholic theologian speculates it may also refer to a prophetical date which he believes was the turning of the millenium and the hierarchy waited and seeing nothing "seemingly" happened decided to only release the first portion of the secret and not the one mentioning the date. The reason for not releasing it could well be for a combination of the above reasons. The following is a link to Emmett's fascinating end times blog on the issue, it is quite detailed:

http://unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.c...nnium.html

Given the church wasn't going to release the full Fatima prophecy anytime soon, perhaps God out of his mercy decided to send the Akita apparition to humanity as a final/major warning of what we face if things don't change for the better. The tears of Mary were broadcast thoughout Japan and parts of the world, numerous Buddhist delegates and politicians (who had no vested interests in the event being true)  provide reliable witness to the miraculous events that occured. It is a message that needs to be put out there.
When I think of saints who were visionaries I do not know of any of them who traveled the world seeking big audiences for themselves!!!!  They did not publish a book of their 'messages' every three months.  No, they were hidden as much as possible!  Even St. Padre Pio who was well known stayed at his friary (except for bilocations!).  No one knew of the Divine Mercy messages from St. Faustina until after her death.  St. Catherine LaBoure is called the Saint of silence because NO one knew she was the one Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal appeared to...only her confessor and she only became more vocal on her deathbed.    St. Francis was well known but he would walk through a town and not say a word.  This is because it was NOT about them; they were humble.  Sr. Agnes is the same.  And she has been put down but bears this in quiet---the mark of holiness.
Pages: 1 2