FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fortnight for Freedom starts June 21st
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Here is minute and a half video: 

The HHS Mandate is a direct attack on our first liberty and an assault on all people of faith. We MUST stand together to defeat it.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

St.John Fisher,pray for us!

St.Thomas More, pray for us!
Why are they worrying?  Isn't this the new springtime? Obama, who Catholics elected with the Bishop's encouragement has now turned around and screwed the same liberals, just as Stalin screwed the commies.

Religious liberty is a myth. The fact is you have liberty, while it does not bother anyone with a bigger stick.

Trads don't even have the liberty to believe what their grandfathers believed. These same bishops don't want Trads in their newchurch unless we compromise on their changes made at Vatican 2 accept it and stay quiet.

And these same Bishops have not exactly been militant about Abortion and Contraception, sodomites and apostates. Well over 80% of Catholics use birth control and yet these fools want to have the right to refuse to hand it out at their hospitals.

They have lost. They were terrible shepherds who invited the wolves in and did nothing to protect the sheep for 40 years and now as the wolf salivates they are raising the alarm.

I won't lift a finger to help these asshats. The revolution eats its children and I can hear the dinner bell.  Consecrate Russia or die you fools.

(06-21-2012, 02:40 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Why are they worrying?  Isn't this the new springtime? Obama, who Catholics elected with the Bishop's encouragement has now turned around and screwed the same liberals, just as Stalin screwed the commies.

Religious liberty is a myth. The fact is you have liberty while it does not bother anyone with a bigger stick.

Trads don't even have the liberty to believe what their grandfathers believed. These same bishops don't want Trads in the church unless we compromise on their changes made at Vatican 2.

And these same Bishops have not exactly been militant about Abortion and Contraception, sodomites and apostates. Well over 80% of Catholics use birth control and yet these fools want to have the right to refuse to hand it out.

They have lost. They were terrible shepherds who invited the wolves in and did nothing to protect the sheep for 40 years and now as the wolf salivates they are raising the alarm.

I won't lift a finger to help these asshats. The revolution eats its children and I can hear the dinner bell.  Consecrate Russia or die you fools.

Kinda strange, since JPII gave Anglican invalid "bishops" pectoral crosses. Not to mention what Cardinals Kasper and Lehmann have said, documented here:

http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/SiSiNo..._Faith.htm
Not sure exactly what the individual dioceses are doing , but our parish is doing overnight Adoration tomorrow evening and the following Thursday evening, with Benediction following each morning at 745. This is why I'm up at this ungodly hour- to make sure I set myself on a schedule for not missing my alarm or otherwise missing or being late to the hour I signed up for.

We have also been asked to fast/abstain, and attend Daily Mass, as we can, for the entirety of the fortnight.

The info on the USCCB site doesn't mention these things that I saw, and Bp. Sheridan's blog only mentions abstaining on the Fridays which is de rigeur for most trads anyway. What is everyone else being asked to do?

I'm quite surprised the Bishops didn't put out a national standard for such an important effort.
My parish is actually having the Leonine Prayers after Masses during the Fortnight (I don't know if that is diocese-wide or not)..  The Bishop is going to have an outdoor "Faith and Freedom Mass."
Right on, ggreg. If the Orangemen wear orange on St. Patrick's Day, maybe we ought to wear black on "Independence" Day.

I assume that you  know this problem goes back long before Obama was elected, but your point is taken.

This is the Americanist Heresy in full regalia. And it makes me sick.

Oh yes, I know there are very well meaning people engaged in this mini-battle. But let's get down to brass tacks, shall we?

The neocons in the Church are about as useful to us as the Prots, Jews, and Atheists. Obviously the liberals are working against us out in the open.

"Give me Liberty and give me death!".
So, what you're saying then Adam Wayne is that for everyone who faithfully and with proper intent for a spirit of Penance participate in this, God will just cast it off as worthless? Surely you don't think that.

A lot of the political aspect of the Jews in Jesus' day was really no different in certain regards than the present condition we see with clerics. But yet, Nathanael found His favor:
Quote:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him: and he saith of him: Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile. 48 Nathanael saith to him: Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered, and said to him: Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 49 Nathanael answered him, and said: Rabbi, thou art the Son of God, thou art the King of Israel. 50 Jesus answered, and said to him: Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, thou believest: greater things than these shalt thou see.
- John Ch 1

While the Pharisees and Sadducees went all over the map of stupidity, some were good. In the people, a lot were real losers and total sell outs to Rome, but some were good. St. Simon, a Zealot, he subscribed to the very nationalistic and faithful Jewish sect who took their lineage from the Maccabees. "A half-month for Pax Ro...what!? arggguugughghghg!!!!!" Uhhh, not everyone is a Zealot, Simon. Can't be calling it "Crusades: America!". That would tend to send the wrong impression. But declaring that true religious freedom for America as Catholic orthodoxy? Hmm. We never really hear much from him in the Bible. But St. Matthew, the Sell Out to Rome as far as a Zealot would have been concerned, he changed and got to even write a Gospel.

I wonder if one of the things which contributed to St. Matthew's change, and St. Simon's change was faithful people like St. Nathanael, an Israelite in whom there was no guile.

If the Lord retained 7000 when Elijah thought he was pretty much the last one standing, certainly He has reserved some Bishops who request this of us. And even if the message it sends isn't Crusades: America!, I just can't see God ignoring that true penance.

What we are saying here, at long last, is that enough is enough.  The Church in America let Roe v Wade come in without protest and has stood by almost completely silent while 60 million unborn children have been slaughtered in their mother's wombs. It has taken 40 years to finally begin to peek out from behind the blinders that had been silent for these decades on true Church teachings--such as about contraception, marriage, divorce, sodomy, etc.  Finally some of the bishops are seeing that we have a real life persecution on the horizon and it is no joke. Finally some see that our institutions are in danger from the outside demonic agendas, although they did not see the danger from the demonic agendas from inside the Church that have been allowed to proliferate throughout the seminiaries, chanceries, Orders, and schools all this time.

I say some of the bishops because although they are presenting a rather united front--with peer pressure no doubt--we know that all the bishops are not truly on board. 

I intend to pray this prayer every day and fast and abstain for these two weeks. It is easy to stay on the outside and throw stones but this is the time to join together in prayer.  Can we stop the juggernaut?  Maybe not but it is a duty to do--at least this little thing--what we can to stop it.  And this is a spiritual battle against the demons and those in their control; it takes supernatural means to fight it. 

At the very least we all should pray a rosary every day--as Our Lady has asked us many times to do--so that we can practice our faith in the public square.
(not that persecution and martyrdom would not be for the benefit of many souls and as answered prayers for some as well).

My friends, the right to life has been stolen.  And all the other rights we have enjoyed are poised to fall like dominos.  Let us pray!

Prayer for the Protection of Religious Liberty

O God our Creator,

Through the power and working of your Holy Spirit,
you call us to live out our faith in the midst of the world,
bringing the light and the saving truth of the Gospel
to every corner of society.

We ask you to bless us
in our vigilance for the gift of religious liberty.
Give us the strength of mind and heart
to readily defend our freedoms when they are threatened;
give us courage in making our voices heard
on behalf of the rights of your Church
and the freedom of conscience of all people of faith.

Grant, we pray, O heavenly Father,
a clear and united voice to all your sons and daughters
gathered in your Church
in this decisive hour in the history of our nation,
so that, with every trial withstood
and every danger overcome—
for the sake of our children, our grandchildren,
and all who come after us—
this great land will always be "one nation, under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.
Jonbhorton, there is no such thing as freedom of religion. It's only because we live in a pagan country do we need to resort to such silly mental gymnastics. The American Heresy is rampant, and the infrastructure we once had has been taken from us, now the catholic church (note small c's) is just another denomination, can I get an AAAA-men, and the congregations applaud.

There is a holy hour after Low Mass during this persecution as the Bishops have asked in the "fortnight" at Christ the King online and streaming.
http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/

tim

In the objective and not judging intentions, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this "fortnight" will be as successful as the pro-life marches. It will produce only compromise and we will loose at little more of the faith, believing in the Princes of this world. We, including the Bishops should be ready for full throated roaring civil disobedience, and the Bishops should cast out any that comply with Sebellius and Obama, big and small, including pew sitters that use the pill, and their flowery speeched effeminate liberal social justice perverting apologists.

You can not be like Jesus if you do not throw the usurious money lenders out of the Temple Of God. You can not be like Jesus if you do not confront the Pharisiac overlords.  Israel allowed the people to sneak around and worship false gods on hill tops immolating their own children, in order to prosper, (does this sound like today ? it should! ) until God seeing no action smashed down the Israelites. Look out it's coming.

Do we understand, the liberals are dead and dying, but the neo-cons are ascending, and taking over. Our relationship with them and their lip service to our "life issues" is the vehicle they use to get the support they need to continue Zionist wars, and create their version of the NWO. Lucifer knows how to work both sides of the street. The current score is Liberals 999, neocons 666, and Traditional Catholics Zero. The Church in imitation of Our Saviour is being mocked , spit upon, and purple robs are being put on the bloody body, and when pulled off will excite every exposed nerve nearly causing death, next is the Pope carrying the Cross as Jesus Christ did to Golgotha. Fatima vision indeed !!!!!

tim

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6