FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Homosexuality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Why did God allow 2 men or 2 woman to be attracted to each other. Why must they be alone for the rest of their lives,someone asked me this what is your opinion?
Well, why does God give us crosses?
Why does God allow someone to be attracted to children or animals and not allow them to fullfil their urges? 

God has allowed sin to exist.  These difficulties are he result of sin, the fall of man, and concupiscence.  God is not the Creator of evil, but the Savior from it.
You hateful Christians LOL LOL LOL LOL
"Why does God allow someone to be attracted to children or animals and not allow them to fullfil their urges? "

Excellent question and one that I think will eventually enter into the public sphere and become just as commonplace as homosexuality. Honestly what's stopping bestiality or pedophilia from becoming normalized? I'm sure there are sophists out there in academia and the media that, should the general consensus of the culture at large shift towards looking at these things with favor, concoct very serious sophisticated arguments in their favor that will eventually legitmize both. Either that or I've just gotten way to cynical about how low we can go.
deleted. double post
(06-22-2012, 10:54 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]deleted. double post

You can say that again.
They will continue to use the love line to get people to their side but most people love their moms but wont marry her.
(06-22-2012, 10:32 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Why does God allow someone to be attracted to children or animals and not allow them to fullfil their urges? 

God has allowed sin to exist.  These difficulties are he result of sin, the fall of man, and concupiscence.  God is not the Creator of evil, but the Savior from it.
This.

I listened to a podcast by Peter Kreeft on Moral Theology and Homosexuality, and in 50 minutes there wasn't as clear an answer is this. We all receive different crosses, it's just a matter how we carry them. God will give us the grace we need to overcome any sin. I also don't believe that all homosexuals are born that way. I would leap to the conclusion that there was some type of sexual trama they experianced at a young age and most just won't admit it. In our sex obsessed culture it makes sense the number would be rising.
(06-22-2012, 10:32 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Why does God allow someone to be attracted to children or animals and not allow them to fullfil their urges? 

And yet it was God who determined the effects of original sin.  I think the question people actually want an answer to is: why did God punish sin by making it easier to sin?
Pages: 1 2 3 4