FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 2 Convictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both Gerry Sandusky of Penn State fame and Msgr Lynn of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia are guilty!
You almost sound happy about it, Salus.
Msgr Lynn was railroaded, because the Cardinal is dead and beyond reach of the Commonwealth Prosecutors. Jerry Sandusky, OTOH, (if he still practices the Faith of his Polish and Irish forebears) should be given a chance to make a good confession before his balls are cut off, shoved down his throat and he's put up against a wall and shot.
Given a chance to make good confession? Sometimes I wonder if every single person truly deserves to be forgiven...especially when they've spent many, many years harming children. I guess this is why I am not a priest.
(06-23-2012, 03:16 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Jerry Sandusky, OTOH, (if he still practices the Faith of his Polish and Irish forebears) should be given a chance to make a good confession before his balls are cut off, shoved down his throat and he's put up against a wall and shot.

This. As long as after the confession his balls are cut off shoved down his throat and then...I prefer drawing and quartering for child molesters.
Time to apply the millstone.
These guys are just the tip of the Ice Berg there it would seem.
(06-23-2012, 04:53 AM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Given a chance to make good confession? Sometimes I wonder if every single person truly deserves to be forgiven...especially when they've spent many, many years harming children. I guess this is why I am not a priest.
Why would you not rejoice at the conversion of a sinner? For a person who has done great evil to turn towards good is always a good thing, to be desired and praised.

Sometimes, Rosey, folks here love the authoritarian rules but forget about charity, and repentenance. It was like this before Vatican II also. There always was say ten percent that wanted everyone else to go to hell. I remember as kids as tweens we used to laugh them to scorn, but those days are gone.

tim
(06-22-2012, 10:44 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Both Gerry Sandusky of Penn State fame and Msgr Lynn of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia are guilty!

I hope and pray that they repent before it is too late. Our Lord saw all their sins and suffered horribly for each one of them. It is hard to imagine such a love as His............or the agony it must have caused Him if He knew that He would ultimately be suffering for them in vain. I pray that this is not the case. Even if it is hard for me to feel compassion for these men, when I think of the added suffering of our Lord would have felt because of their damnation it makes me desire their conversion.
Pages: 1 2