FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Popes John 23rd and Popes Paul 6th and Pope John Paul 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I read in a post that people should be worried about disobeying God when they get old near death, how come these Popes even when at the end of their lives had no concern about what they had done to a pre-Vatican 2 thriving church and didn't worry about not giving us the 3rd secret of Fatima or the consecration of Russia, they tossed it aside like nothing and two of them are now Blessed's.
Uh, how do you know they didn't?

I mean, I'm not saying they did-- but if they did, do you think the NO hierarchy would be in a rush to tell us?

I have a feeling there's a lot we don't know.

I wonder how Paul VI , a Pope of the Catholic Church could have signed his name to all those changes of Vat2.  He must have known he was dismantling centuries of Church Tradition.  It seems like it was a knowing and even cynical choice to Protestantize the Church.
How could he do it?
Mith you may be right, but as for Paul 6th we know he was no friend of the Latin Mass and JP2 was forced into Ecclesia Dei by the Archbishop. They all nonetheless ignored Our Lady will they answer for that i wonder or as pope did God give them the authority not to disobey him but they were free to ignore Our Lady?
This is the point exactly, we do not know what was in their minds nor what went on behind the scenes.  We see the outcome which has been disaster.

tim
We can't judge their final destiny heaven or hell but wouldn't you be afraid of disobeying a direct order from Our Lady when she sent you one, what were they thinking?
That's the 64,000 dollar question. One would think the Queen of Heaven and Earth outranks the Pope.

tim
Of course, there is the famous rumor that John XXIII said on his death bed, "Stop the Council!".

That Stop the Council rumor is strange coming from a Pope who had within his grasp to consecrate Russia to Our Lady which would have taken care of the Council in my opinion
(06-23-2012, 04:59 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]That Stop the Council rumor is strange coming from a Pope who had within his grasp to consecrate Russia to Our Lady which would have taken care of the Council in my opinion

People tend to be humbled on their death bed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6