FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A NO experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes here's another one. My mother wanted me to come with her to Mass since this was her first time going since my father died. She was sick last weekend so she didn't go then. Reluctantly I went as an act of charity to my mom. Let's just say...in the words of a friend...it just reinforces why I go to the Latin Mass. I have been to worse NO's but I could barely stand it. First they had the singer and flutist playing before the Mass. Then they had what I guess goes for their choir which was one young girl that was doing most of the announcing of the songs dressed in what looked like a soccer uniform. Then there was another elderly lady and another guy along with the flutist and the organ player/singer.

Then before the Mass started the reader came in and told us this was the feast of John the Baptist and gave a little talk about John. Then the music people played some more songs before Mass actually started. Again the reader came out (at least the reader was a man) and introduced the priest, the alter boy and altar boy-girl, and the Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion like it was some sort of sports event. Then he said "Let us all participate in the Mass and make it a good one!" At this point I was shaking my head visibly and I was ready to run for the doors but I kept on saying my Rosary. Of course then was the obligatory "Let us turn to our neighbors and say hello to each other." Judging from the noise level in the Church before Mass, most people have already had conversations with their neighbors and have forgotten all about God being present in the tabernacle....which most people ignored and didn't even bow before the tabernacle, never mind genuflect. Or if they did bow or genuflect they did it to the table and not to the Blessed Sacrament which is off on the side in the corner barely visible.

As for the Mass and sermon, it wasn't bad. The priest gave a good sermon about John the Baptist and how material things get in the way of God. So at least my BS detector didn't go off during the sermon. Of course then we had the "sign of peace" which became another yak festival. At least I didn't have anyone grabbing my hands or any other part of my body so I got through that. The other thing I survived was the Pater Noster. Everyone had their hands out like they were trying to act like the priest but again, no one tried to grab my hand so I just closed my eyes.

Hopefully my mom won't need me to come to Mass with her again because she said something about wanting me to be their for support the first time. But if she wants me to go next week I will grin and bear it as I did today.

At least they had an organ?
ugh, sounds horrid. you're a good son, D.
So did you stick around after Mass and speak with your neocon brethren about making the world safe for democracy?
(06-23-2012, 07:04 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]So did you stick around after Mass and speak with your neocon brethren about making the world safe for democracy?

The man's still in mourning... Give it a few, will ya?
Pete,
This; Then he said "Let us all participate in the Mass and make it a good one!" says it all. He should have then said yeeeaaah god !

unbelievable,

tim
(06-23-2012, 06:45 PM)NihilNominis Wrote: [ -> ]At least they had an organ?

Actually it's more of a keyboard piano thing...they have an actual organ, but I have never seen it used.

(06-23-2012, 07:04 PM)Horses ass Wrote: [ -> ]So did you stick around after Mass and speak with your neocon brethren about making the world safe for democracy?
[Image: istockphoto_3084530_pile_of_fresh_and_sh...e_dung.jpg]

[Image: horses-ass1.jpg] 

Yeah...that's about right.
Could you guys maybe go TLM it up a few times a month?
(06-23-2012, 07:48 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2012, 07:04 PM)Horses ass Wrote: [ -> ]So did you stick around after Mass and speak with your neocon brethren about making the world safe for democracy?
[Image: istockphoto_3084530_pile_of_fresh_and_sh...e_dung.jpg]

[Image: horses-ass1.jpg] 

Yeah...that's about right.

LOL LOLOLO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5