FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX bombshell: Williamson is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(06-26-2012, 02:11 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder how you know that he's a humble man.  what's the proof? 

Catholics are supposed to presume these things unless proof is given to the contrary, such as heresy, manifest lack of good will, or some other public sin that can't be interpreted as anything other than pride or self-love (especially intellectual vanity).
(06-29-2012, 02:18 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2012, 02:23 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Unless it is the three days of darkness.
It which case it is always darkest just before you light your 100% Beeswax Candles.
Only if you've got 100% beeswax matches with which to light them. :)

Seriously, though, I've never understood this.  How do you light the candles if nothing will light but the candles?
(06-29-2012, 02:03 PM)Dusty_Bottoms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2012, 02:18 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2012, 02:23 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Unless it is the three days of darkness.
It which case it is always darkest just before you light your 100% Beeswax Candles.
Only if you've got 100% beeswax matches with which to light them. :)

Seriously, though, I've never understood this.  How do you light the candles if nothing will light but the candles?

My impression is that the prophecy says that nothing with remain burning, not that nothing will be able to be lit.

If you've ever lit a match in extremely damp weather, you know how frustrating it can be: it goes out in a manner of moments. You have to light quickly or else it is extinguished. Those few moments would enable one to light a candle, but, according to the prophecy, only a beeswax candle; all others would be extinguished as quickly as the match was lit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11