FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX bombshell: Williamson is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(06-25-2012, 11:44 PM)Dusty_Bottoms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2012, 11:17 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]This confidential document is dated today, June 25 2012. How are they being leaked so quickly? Something is really wrong here. I see that Angelqueen has already pulled it.

I did not know it was the result of a leak when I saw this on Angelqueen originally, and wouldn't have posted it if I had known.  I encourage Vox to delete this thread if she thinks it is necessary.

Why bother now that the cat's out of the bag?  What's done cannot be un-done...

And if the news RE +Tissier de Mallerais is true, I don't see how the SSPX is going to end 2012 with the same four bishops in their ranks as when the year began...
The news is out, what was leaked cannot be unleaked. My reaction: PRAY PRAY PRAY!
(06-25-2012, 11:44 PM)Dusty_Bottoms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2012, 11:17 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]This confidential document is dated today, June 25 2012. How are they being leaked so quickly? Something is really wrong here. I see that Angelqueen has already pulled it.

I did not know it was the result of a leak when I saw this on Angelqueen originally, and wouldn't have posted it if I had known.  I encourage Vox to delete this thread if she thinks it is necessary.

You posted it, so if you feel it's the right thing to do, you can still modify (remove) it. I know that I wouldn't want it on my conscience.

you can't run a tight ship with loose cannons onboard; they endanger everyone.

i have no opinion about the man except that he wasn't thinking too clearly when he let the swedes -- was it swedes? -- lead him into saying things on camera that would cause a shit storm for sspx and the entire Church.

this will hurt him and humble him, which could be a blessing to him if he cultivates humility, as it's a virtue we all need more of.  he won't starve or lack anything.  he could enjoy life as a retired priest, read, write, lecture, pursue whatever his interests are. as controversial as he's been, it would be very surprising if he didn't get invites to lecture or couldn't publish his writings.  mavericks can always get an audience.

i looked it up and he turned 72 in march of this year so he's not too young to retire and prepare for the eventual final exam we all have coming one day. 
(06-26-2012, 12:40 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]you can't run a tight ship with loose cannons onboard; they endanger everyone.

i have no opinion about the man except that he wasn't thinking too clearly when he let the swedes -- was it swedes? -- lead him into saying things on camera that would cause a shit storm for sspx and the entire Church.

this will hurt him and humble him, which could be a blessing to him if he cultivates humility, as it's a virtue we all need more of.  he won't starve or lack anything.  he could enjoy life as a retired priest, read, write, lecture, pursue whatever his interests are. as controversial as he's been, it would be very surprising if he didn't get invites to lecture or couldn't publish his writings.  mavericks can always get an audience.

i looked it up and he turned 72 in march of this year so he's not too young to retire and prepare for the eventual final exam we all have coming one day. 

I don't see any evidence of Williamson not already being a very humble man.  I also don't see evidence of Bp. Fellay attempting to run a tight ship but running a ship in the manner of Capt. Bly or Queeg.

(06-26-2012, 12:40 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]you can't run a tight ship with loose cannons onboard; they endanger everyone.

Bishop Williamson is a humble man. 
(06-25-2012, 10:26 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, shit.

This.
Bishop Williamson was not allowed to attend their meeting last year, so why would this be a bombshell?
I'm with Mith on this one.
(06-26-2012, 01:36 AM)PeterII Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop Williamson was not allowed to attend their meeting last year, so why would this be a bombshell?

Maybe it's that... well, given the nature of what's coming up on this meeting's agenda... you'd think ALL the bishops would be invited??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11