FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX bombshell: Williamson is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(06-26-2012, 01:02 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 12:40 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]you can't run a tight ship with loose cannons onboard; they endanger everyone.

i have no opinion about the man except that he wasn't thinking too clearly when he let the swedes -- was it swedes? -- lead him into saying things on camera that would cause a shit storm for sspx and the entire Church.

this will hurt him and humble him, which could be a blessing to him if he cultivates humility, as it's a virtue we all need more of.  he won't starve or lack anything.  he could enjoy life as a retired priest, read, write, lecture, pursue whatever his interests are. as controversial as he's been, it would be very surprising if he didn't get invites to lecture or couldn't publish his writings.  mavericks can always get an audience.

i looked it up and he turned 72 in march of this year so he's not too young to retire and prepare for the eventual final exam we all have coming one day. 

I don't see any evidence of Williamson not already being a very humble man.  I also don't see evidence of Bp. Fellay attempting to run a tight ship but running a ship in the manner of Capt. Bly or Queeg.

but fellay didn't go on television and make statements that anyone should know would cause trouble.  and i didn't say williamson wasn't humble, i said this would hurt and humble him and more humility is good for anyone.  i don't have a dog in this fight.
(06-26-2012, 01:05 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 12:40 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]you can't run a tight ship with loose cannons onboard; they endanger everyone.

i have no opinion about the man except that he wasn't thinking too clearly when he let the swedes -- was it swedes? -- lead him into saying things on camera that would cause a shit storm for sspx and the entire Church.

this will hurt him and humble him, which could be a blessing to him if he cultivates humility, as it's a virtue we all need more of.  he won't starve or lack anything.  he could enjoy life as a retired priest, read, write, lecture, pursue whatever his interests are. as controversial as he's been, it would be very surprising if he didn't get invites to lecture or couldn't publish his writings.  mavericks can always get an audience.

i looked it up and he turned 72 in march of this year so he's not too young to retire and prepare for the eventual final exam we all have coming one day. 
Bishop Williamson is a humble man. 

again, i didn't say he wasn't humble, i said this would hurt and humble him and more humility is good for anyone.  i don't have a dog in this fight. 

I do wonder how you know that he's a humble man.  what's the proof? 

(06-25-2012, 11:43 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I know "Fr. Moderator" at Traditio has been "out there" for about 7-8 years or so, but he/they are claiming that an unconfirmed report states that Bp. Tissier de Mallerais is now under a kind of house arrest in the U.S.  

He's claiming there was a planned leadership challenge going to be attempted at the General Chapter in which Bp. de Mallerais would be put up as a choice to replace Fellay.

Of course, we should all take that for what it is. But use it as one of several prisms by which to judge the events as they become public and take shape.  

Almost sounds like a rerun of the 70s but with a twist - - back then the NO would often place the trad dissenters under house arrest.

The coming split always is too confusing to nail completely before it actually happens so no sense speculating as traditio does. 
These topics read like tabloid newspaper headlines.

I say it's all just gossip until an official announcement is made. But what do I know?
(06-26-2012, 08:20 AM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]These topics read like tabloid newspaper headlines.

I say it's all just gossip until an official announcement is made. But what do I know?

I think most agree, about the only thing these stories turn out to be is partially accurate, but if history repeats, a split of some sort is pretty much a given.
While I don't think we should debate or argue anything until the Society and his Excellency make the position entirely and officially clear - half-truths and gossip (I don't want to insult the OP, but we don't know how this information was found (I feel uneasy about reading something marked confidential by the Church) , how true it is, what motives the finder had) sow doubts in the soul  - I certainly think we must all pray with all our hearts and souls.
Has anyone considered that +Fellay's attorney is Jewish and has ties to Israeli special forces? This very well could be a Mossad disinfo play.

http://mauricepinay.blogspot.com/2012/05...onist.html
(06-25-2012, 10:42 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]The Divide and Conqueror scenario seems to be playing itself out.

They've been ripe for it for at least 16 years.
(06-25-2012, 11:44 PM)Dusty_Bottoms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2012, 11:17 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]This confidential document is dated today, June 25 2012. How are they being leaked so quickly? Something is really wrong here. I see that Angelqueen has already pulled it.

I did not know it was the result of a leak when I saw this on Angelqueen originally, and wouldn't have posted it if I had known.  I encourage Vox to delete this thread if she thinks it is necessary.

Well it's not Julian Assange.  He's in the Ecuadorean Embassy.

SSPX has more holes than a Swiss cheese.
(06-26-2012, 09:39 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2012, 11:44 PM)Dusty_Bottoms Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2012, 11:17 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]This confidential document is dated today, June 25 2012. How are they being leaked so quickly? Something is really wrong here. I see that Angelqueen has already pulled it.

I did not know it was the result of a leak when I saw this on Angelqueen originally, and wouldn't have posted it if I had known.  I encourage Vox to delete this thread if she thinks it is necessary.

Well it's not Julian Assange.  He's in the Ecuadorean Embassy.

SSPX has more holes than a Swiss cheese.
Where is Econe?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11