FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX bombshell: Williamson is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Am I missing something, here?  Is not the "bombshell" in this letter the bit about the CDF's submarining of the deal by re-introducing objectionable text previously negotiated out of the preamble? -

Quote:On June 13, 2012, Cardinal Levada delivered to our Superior General text from last April, but amended in such a way that it now reintroduces, substantially, the propositions of September 2011. Bp. Fellay immediately informed him that he could not sign this new document, clearly unacceptable.

The +Williamson thing is a sideshow at best.  The rest of it, if true, marks the end of the line.  If the CDF position on June 13 was truly "Remember all that langauge that was carefully wordsmithed over several weeks of protracted back-channel negotiations?  Yeah, well, we've thought it over and changed out minds.  We've done a reset to last September, and put the pencils away.  Here's the inked version - take it or leave it.  We're done here."
(06-26-2012, 10:51 AM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]The +Williamson thing is a sideshow at best.  The rest of it, if true, marks the end of the line. 

Here's hopin
(06-25-2012, 11:02 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]My June 15th post on the thread "The other three"...

I see this as an attempt by Bp. Fellay and the Modernists to rid themselves of Bp. Williamson. By forcing the "other three" bishops to cut their own individual deals, so to speak, it will be easier to tell Bp. Williamson (even if he wants to join Bp. Fellay) thanks, but no thanks, since he tends to speak his mind. The other two bishops, Tessier and de Galarreta, will (most probably) eventually go along with the deal (assuming there is one) because they are loyal "sons of ABL."

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but this whole situation is suspicious.

These people are as transparent as glass!

I think being loyal sons of ABL is what would make them NOT go along with a deal. I could never invision +Tissier agreeing to a deal with Rome.
(06-26-2012, 09:09 AM)PatrickG Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't think we should debate or argue anything until the Society and his Excellency make the position entirely and officially clear - half-truths and gossip (I don't want to insult the OP, but we don't know how this information was found (I feel uneasy about reading something marked confidential by the Church) , how true it is, what motives the finder had) sow doubts in the soul  - I certainly think we must all pray with all our hearts and souls.

I agree...although it was in many other places before I started this thread, I wouldn't have posted it here, had I known it was confidential (a fact left out of the translation).  However, even Rorate has it now: http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/06...water.html.  The cat is not going back in the bag.
(03-31-1974, 09:54 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]These topics read like tabloid newspaper headlines.

I say it's all just gossip until an official announcement is made. But what do I know?

What you mean the official letter thats been leaked?
Good riddance to that sedevacantist-leaning nut.
(06-26-2012, 12:00 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]Good riddance to that sedevacantist-leaning nut.

So what names do you call all the apostate clergy in newChurch?
(06-26-2012, 12:15 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 12:00 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]Good riddance to that sedevacantist-leaning nut.

I don't acknowledge an ecclesial body called "newChurch." Nor do I consider many of the clergy to be apostates, since that would mean they'd rejected Christianity in its entirety.

"It must be said that we expected all kinds of things when we began this work, but not this kind of attitude. It is discouraging that the Traditional Catholic world has generated this kind of behavior: we are dealing here with some of the lowest forms of the human character. In governments, businesses, universities, courts we find more honorable and loyal people in positions in which confidentiality must be kept than in the Vatican (as the "Vatileaks" scandal reveals) or, for instance, in the Society of Saint Pius X. Below them flow sewers of lack of conscience and of disloyalty. And naturally there are priests involved... It is sickening and disgusting. It is unworthy of the Catholic name.

Like water through a sieve: that seems to be the value of "confidentiality" inside the Society of Saint Pius X (FSSPX / SSPX). Last time important internal documents were leaked, they were about one month old by the time they were made public by the leaker(s). This time, it took only a few minutes, or hours, for a very relevant confidential internal document to appear in the usual Sedevacantist, crypto-Sedevacantist, or Sedeprivationist forums and venues." --Confidentiality: like water through a sieve, Rorate-Caeli  6/26/2012

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/06....html#more
(06-26-2012, 12:32 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 12:15 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't acknowledge an ecclesial body called "newChurch." Nor do I consider many of the clergy to be apostates, since that would mean they'd rejected Christianity in its entirety.

Well, it does appear to be a different religion!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11