FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX bombshell: Williamson is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(06-26-2012, 01:38 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 01:00 PM)SpiritusSanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 12:00 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]Good riddance to that sedevacantist-leaning nut.

Stupidest post ever. Someone apparently thinks they're above a Traditional Catholic Bishop.

I'm pretty sure the hubris is on Bishop Williamson's part, who thinks himself above the Supreme Bishop (not to mention above his duly elected superior).

So following in the footsteps of Archbishop LeFebvre is something to look upon, then? We can all rest assured what ABL would have done today, considering what he said to Cardinal Ratzinger in 1988:

Quote:"Eminence, even if you give us everything – a bishop, some autonomy from the bishops, the 1962 liturgy, allow us to continue our seminaries –we cannot work together because we are going in different directions. You are working to dechristianize society and the Church, and we are working to Christianize them.

"For us, our Lord Jesus Christ is everything. He is our life. The Church is our Lord Jesus Christ; the priest is another Christ; the Mass is the triumph of Jesus Christ on the cross; in our seminaries everything tends towards the reign of our Lord Jesus Christ. But you! You are doing the opposite: you have just wanted to prove to me that our Lord Jesus Christ cannot, and must not, reign over society." - Archbishop LeFebvre
Bombshell?  You've got to be kidding. There is nothing whatsoever shocking or unexpected about this.
(06-26-2012, 03:54 PM)SpiritusSanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 01:38 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 01:00 PM)SpiritusSanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 12:00 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]Good riddance to that sedevacantist-leaning nut.

Stupidest post ever. Someone apparently thinks they're above a Traditional Catholic Bishop.

I'm pretty sure the hubris is on Bishop Williamson's part, who thinks himself above the Supreme Bishop (not to mention above his duly elected superior).

So following in the footsteps of Archbishop LeFebvre is something to look upon, then?

I wouldn't have done what Archbishop Lefebvre (requiescat in pace) did. I don't think it was the right thing to do, but I can see why he did it. He's sort of a Savonarola figure in that way.
(06-26-2012, 04:13 PM)VinnyF Wrote: [ -> ]Bombshell?  You've got to be kidding. There is nothing whatsoever shocking or unexpected about this.

Okay.  I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about that, then.
(06-26-2012, 03:02 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]1. Regarding the supposed evidence of the conversion of brother Schutz advanced by Mr. Yves Chiron, this was denied straightforwardly by Schutz's successor as superior of Taize, brother Alois. In an interview with the French Catholic newspaper La Croix, this Protestant minister affirmed precisely the opposite of Mr. Chiron. I translate his words:

Question (La Croix): Did Brother Roger formally convert to Catholicism as the historian Yves Chiron just affirmed?

Answer (Brother Alois): No, Brother Roger did not ever formally convert to Catholicism. If he would have done so, he would have stated it because he never hid anything about his life. Either in his books, writings, or journal, he set forth everything that he discovered and lived (La Croix, online, September 5, 2006  for full text click here).

Many thanks to ggreg for completely deflating this nonsense.
(06-26-2012, 06:00 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 03:02 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]1. Regarding the supposed evidence of the conversion of brother Schutz advanced by Mr. Yves Chiron, this was denied straightforwardly by Schutz's successor as superior of Taize, brother Alois. In an interview with the French Catholic newspaper La Croix, this Protestant minister affirmed precisely the opposite of Mr. Chiron. I translate his words:

Question (La Croix): Did Brother Roger formally convert to Catholicism as the historian Yves Chiron just affirmed?

Answer (Brother Alois): No, Brother Roger did not ever formally convert to Catholicism. If he would have done so, he would have stated it because he never hid anything about his life. Either in his books, writings, or journal, he set forth everything that he discovered and lived (La Croix, online, September 5, 2006  for full text click here).

Is it possible that this was just an honest mistake, after all when priests are distributing the host, somebody new is at church, they dont know if they are a visiting Catholic, or family or whatnot.  Could something like this have happened?

Luke
(06-26-2012, 06:00 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes. I remember reading (perhaps in one of his interview-books) that the Holy Father (then- Card. Ratzinger) justified it because Schutz was somehow seated in the area reserved for those receiving Holy Communion (perhaps due to his being confined to a wheelchair) and so it seemed inopportune or imprudent or not nice to simply skip past him whilst distributing Our Lord. What a joke, to please men rather than Almighty God.
It is possible but highly unlikely. B16 knew who he was just as you would recognise Ron Paul or Jesse Ventura
Face up to a sad truth.

Clerics who give communion in the hand and do nothing to stop abuses don't really care.
(06-26-2012, 12:15 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]

So what names do you call all the apostate clergy in newChurch?
THIS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11