FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX bombshell: Williamson is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Your Excellencies, Rev. Superiors,

As you are aware, our Superior General had responded to the letter of March 16 of Cardinal Levada that attempted to impose the Doctrinal Preamble of September 14, 2011. By this document, dated April 15, he wished to move out of the impasse created by this Preamble. According to several agreeing sources, the new text seemed to satisfy the Supreme Pontiff.

On June 13, 2012, Cardinal Levada delivered to our Superior General text from last April, but ammended in such a way that it now reintroduces, substantially, the propositions of September 2011. Bp. Fellay immediately informed him that he could not sign this new document, clearly unacceptable. The next [General] Chapter will allow for an appraisal of the complete dossier.

Furthermore, I inform all members of the Chapter that, in virtue of Canon 2331 § 1 and 2 [of the revoked 1917 Code of Canon Law] (nc [Code of Canon Law in force] 1373), the Superior General has deprived Bp. Williamson from the position of capitulary due to his stand calling to rebellion and for continually repeated disobedience. He has also been forbidden to come to Écône for the ordinations.

Finally, Bp. Fellay has decided to postpone the ordinations of the Dominicans of Avrillé and Capuchins of Morgon that were to take place in Écône on June 29. This postponement of Holy Orders was motivated simply by the wish to ensure the loyalty of these communities before the imposition of hands on their candidates (cf. I Tim. 5, 22).

Please rest assured, Your Excellencies, Reverend Superiors, of my respectful and faithful priestly dedication. 

Father Christian Thouvenot

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/06...r.html?m=1
O Lord.  Pray
These documents are mark “Internal Use Only” how do they keep showing up on the web for the world to see?
(06-25-2012, 09:59 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]These documents are mark “Internal Use Only” how do they keep showing up on the web for the world to see?
World = Vatican
(06-25-2012, 09:59 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]These documents are mark “Internal Use Only” how do they keep showing up on the web for the world to see?

Either someone is maliciously leaking these documents, or someone has to much time on their hands to make stuff up. As per the second to last post (as of this writing) of the AQ thread this is going to cause a great amount of consternation among certain quarters of the SSPX laity (actually the site that this particular poster links to is a bit loony, in all honesty). We'll have to see how this plays out.
Not sure how this took so long to happen anyway. True or false, something like this woas bound to happen sooner or later.
(06-25-2012, 10:03 PM)GloriaPatri Wrote: [ -> ]

Either someone is maliciously leaking these documents, or someone has to much time on their hands to make stuff up. As per the second to last post (as of this writing) of the AQ thread this is going to cause a great amount of consternation among certain quarters of the SSPX laity (actually the site that this particular poster links to is a bit loony, in all honesty). We'll have to see how this plays out.

I only pray that however this plays out, it is for the greater glory of Christ and his Church. Pray

Well, shit.
(06-25-2012, 10:26 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, shit.
Do you have something to add to the discussion, Mith?
(06-25-2012, 10:29 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2012, 10:26 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, shit.
Do you have something to add to the discussion, Mith?

Actually, this echoes my sentiments exactly...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11