FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: ..........If an Agreement is Reached
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It will interesting to see what will happen if a deal is made and the SSPX comes in. One thing nobody mentions is if the SSPX priests come in how will they deal with the writings of Pope John Paul 2 (a huge bunch of those) especially since he's on the road to canonization. I know that many SSPX priests despise his scholarship and find them horrible. Check out the SSPX website or an SSPX chapel bookstore , they never cary any of the writings of the post Vatican 2 Popes, a very big problem when they come in.
Well, I heard that if the Society "regularizes", they will have to use the CCC in their seminaries. That would be quite a compromise...
It's not like the writings of JP II are in any way required reading, beyond his official work as pope.  I'm sure they will just ignore it or even criticize it.  I don't see any reason why the private theological writings of a pope could not be criticized.
I don't think you can MAKE the SSPX use the new CCC. OLGS, the FSSP seminary, doesn't use it, they use the Catechism of the Council of Trent and other various sources, so why would the SSPX be required to?
(06-26-2012, 11:37 AM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]It's not like the writings of JP II are in any way required reading, beyond his official work as pope.  I'm sure they will just ignore it or even criticize it.  I don't see any reason why the private theological writings of a pope could not be criticized.

This.
(06-26-2012, 11:34 AM)SpiritusSanctus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I heard that if the Society "regularizes", they will have to use the CCC in their seminaries. That would be quite a compromise...

Where did you hear this?

I don't think +Fellay would make such a compromise.
I doubt they would use the CCC at all, that is not the problem, do they ignore JP2 at their chapels while another side of the Church , the Catholic Answers crowd  cheers on JP2 on radio and TV non-stop , they will have to talk about him and his writings, but this will be a problem after the deal.
(06-26-2012, 05:50 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 11:34 AM)SpiritusSanctus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I heard that if the Society "regularizes", they will have to use the CCC in their seminaries. That would be quite a compromise...

Where did you hear this?

I don't think +Fellay would make such a compromise.

Do they not call it the "Cate-schism"?

Which I find, by-the-by, a hilarious phrase/term!
If the liberals can claim obedience to the Pope, why can't we?

It's not like seminaries actually teach Latin, like the rules state they must.
(06-26-2012, 10:08 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]If the liberals can claim obedience to the Pope, why can't we?

It's not like seminaries actually teach Latin, like the rules state they must.

See, that's the awesome thing about Newchurch.  We're covered either way.  If they're right, we're covered under their religious liberty, and if they're wrong, well...
Pages: 1 2 3