FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Thumps Protestants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I would also say that people flock to evangelical Protestantism because it's easier. Once saved always saved is an excellent selling point; a lot easier then the Orthodox way of repentence, fasting, prayer, and mortification. But what do I know I'm just a simple Catholic man trying to make it to Heaven?
(06-26-2012, 04:55 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a good resource:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
heres a better site
biblechristiansociety.com
(06-26-2012, 11:26 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]

heres a better site

Cool! Thanks.
(06-26-2012, 09:34 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't see how "just the Latin Mass" will fix all that ails the Catholic Church. It goes much, much deeper... Vatican II and all its baggage must be dumped.

What on earth could possibly go deeper than the one eternal sacrifice of Christ?
(06-26-2012, 11:27 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 11:26 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]

heres a better site

Cool! Thanks.
I was Just on the boardwalk here in NJ not 30 min ago and there was a gaggle of prottys set up to save souls. I wondered and wondered wether or not to go up and start a debate. I hoped one of them would come to me with a tract. Im feeling like I missed a great opportunity. But the family was tired and we were heading back....I know I would have them in full dudgeon in about 15 min.....but I passed. I sometimes think its beneath us to debate them...and other times I think its imperative
(06-26-2012, 11:27 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 09:34 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't see how "just the Latin Mass" will fix all that ails the Catholic Church. It goes much, much deeper... Vatican II and all its baggage must be dumped.

What on earth could possibly go deeper than the one eternal sacrifice of Christ?
:amen:
Voxxp,

Always pick that battle wisely. If there's a whole gaggle of them, I will listen to them and try to discern what their doctrine is first. It's much easier to know where to start.

If the family was tired, I'm assuming you were too. I'd say good call because it sounds like the situation was more out of your favor, even with all the ammo.

But it doesn't hurt to listen to them and formulate an argument in your head for the next time you hear that line of thought.

There's so many, sometimes it's much better to listen for a few sessions and then go home and start forming a plan. If they were on the boardwalk, they'll be back.

For the kind like Ray Comfort's guys, and any boardwalk style porta-protty, I think the best method is to not debate per se, but let them ask you questions and then answer for everyone to hear. They're trained very well in BS.

It's a battle, for sure.

God bless ya, brother!
Most prottys are lightweights...and these were no compitition even a dozen of them...The first question for me is always...which came first...the bible or the church...from that foundation on they will be on the defense...my problem is...is it worth it...they never relent..and then they spin in theological circles till you leave or they beg off.
Indeed.

The odd thing is there are a ton of Protestant preachers who are educated pretty well, but it always comes down to either them latching onto someone else's doctrine and tradition, or just making everything up from scratch aside from the basics.

Jesus obviously established a Church, based on Matthew 16. When did their "church" start? Either last week or... at most the 1500s.

It's very, very odd the way the "emergent church" has jumped the shark. It's basically a giant infomercial/concert at some places.

The evangelical/charismatic types are just freakin scary at points.

If you get the time, familiarize yourself with this. THIS is why it is imperative that you do not allow them to "pray" over you, it can be an imparting of demons:

This 2-part is actually made by Protestants about the charismatics.

I have noticed most Protestants won't go near early church history as the early orthodox writings confirm Catholicism. Don't they find it strange that they call themselves Protestants, who are they protesting against? Was the church wrong for 1500 years? On the other side of the coin the current generation of Protestants have been brought up with 500 years of lies so it would be more difficult seeing the truth through those distorted lenses, but still you think they would embark on research of early Christian history as some of the more renowned neo-conservative converts of recent times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5