FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Talk by gay priest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Apparently this openly gay priest is guest-master at St. John's Abbey.
He says when Cardinal the Pope said that your personal conscience comes first even if in conflict with Church teaching.
Quite a shocking talk to me.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/minneso...-amendment
I've never seen that quote by Cardinal Hume taken so utterly and grossly out of context.

Also, I don't even want to know what seminary the priest went to.
Fr Z put out a series of 3 podcasts this week / last week, specifically in response to this talk by this gay priest, and putting things in context and reviewing the true teaching on conscience. 

"The monastery has been subject to numerous sexual abuse allegations."

Gee, I wonder why?
www.behindthepinecurtain.com Trust me if you go to this website you'll learn all you need to know about St. Johns Abbey. That place is ground zero for pedophiles and is a hotbed of heresy and downright wackiness. When the smoke clears someday I think books will be written about just how vile and evil a place St. Johns Abbey was. I warn you now, the stuff on that link I provided is distubing and stomach churning...
(06-27-2012, 04:12 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]www.behindthepinecurtain.com Trust me if you go to this website you'll learn all you need to know about St. Johns Abbey. That place is ground zero for pedophiles and is a hotbed of heresy and downright wackiness. When the smoke clears someday I think books will be written about just how vile and evil a place St. Johns Abbey was. I warn you now, the stuff on that link I provided is distubing and stomach churning...
Cry(

Is St John's the largest monastery in the world, having the most monks?
(06-27-2012, 06:01 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: [ -> ]Is St John's the largest monastery in the world, having the most monks?

I don't know about that but it is a very large monastery and I think that the Order of Saint Benedict website itself is run from there which tells you a lot about what has happened to the Order over the years. Not to say there aren't really traditional Benedictines out there such as the ones at Clear Creek or Norcia but just saying. Between Rembert Weakland as the head of the Order at one time and St. Johns Abbey at Collegeville I think it's safe to say the Order has fallen on really hard times to put it very mildly.
(06-27-2012, 08:43 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2012, 06:01 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: [ -> ]Is St John's the largest monastery in the world, having the most monks?

I don't know about that but it is a very large monastery and I think that the Order of Saint Benedict website itself is run from there which tells you a lot about what has happened to the Order over the years. Not to say there aren't really traditional Benedictines out there such as the ones at Clear Creek or Norcia but just saying. Between Rembert Weakland as the head of the Order at one time and St. Johns Abbey at Collegeville I think it's safe to say the Order has fallen on really hard times to put it very mildly.

Well, we must positively pray for them!
Bishop Williamson is out but that raving queer Bob Pierson is still a priest.  Something is drastically wrong with this picture.
Pages: 1 2