FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Williamson's Letters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An archive of  His Excellency's letters during his tenure as rector of the US Seminary in Winona, Minnesota.

http://williamsonletters.blogspot.com/
To think I saved those things for who knows how many years (until I finally quit saving junk), not for their literary value to be sure. I fondly recall the "Slacks series" among some of the most "interesting." Now I can just go on line and look them up. Not! So before all the Bp. W fans get  up in arms know that I don't hate him. I just find his writing amusing.
Thanks
(06-27-2012, 10:12 PM)Christknight104 Wrote: [ -> ]An archive of  His Excellency's letters during his tenure as rector of the US Seminary in Winona, Minnesota.

http://williamsonletters.blogspot.com/
Thank you very much!
Welp, because I was bored tonight, I did something silly.

I made an eBook (type) thing out of all of Bishop Williamson's letters!  It even has a table of contents, so you can skip and jump to whichever letter you want to read, instead of reading all of them in a row or paging through all of them.

Because I sure as heck didn't write them, nor did I type them online (whoo copy pasta), these are free.  But, if you want to ...  you can offer up some prayers for me, Bp. Williamson, and whoever is the guy (girl?) that put these on the blog.  Smile  (Because I know you want to).

Anyways, the link to the MOBI file is this:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxusvZh...GpxWFpGTTQ

This will for-sure work for Amazon Kindles.  No idea if it will work for other things.  But, if you use Calibre (a great way to get books onto your e-reader), you can convert it to whatever file type is necessary, and then transfer it over.

I don't own any of this stuff, obviously. 

If you need help getting this on your Kindle, PM me.  Smile  If you have any questions or concerns, also PM me.

Also, some letters are missing because they weren't on the website.  If they ever go up, I can update the mobi file.

I guarantee there are typos and errors and whatever else.  The formatting is not the best.  Formatting is horrid on the eyes in some locations, because of the source formatting.  I won't be changing typos because...  that's a huge project.  But, for the most part, they are readable and worth having on an ereader, if you ask me.
(06-28-2012, 04:20 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, because I was bored tonight, I did something silly.

I made an eBook (type) thing out of all of Bishop Williamson's letters!  It even has a table of contents, so you can skip and jump to whichever letter you want to read, instead of reading all of them in a row or paging through all of them.

Thank you CC! I am reading the letters on my IPad as I write this reply Smile.
Wow, thank you!
How do I put it on an iPhone?
(06-29-2012, 05:27 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]How do I put it on an iPhone?

Download the Kindle app for the iphone. Click on CC's link.  Smile
Just as an FYI, I noticed that at least one letter is not correct.  This is probably my fault.  I will work to fix the linking issues as time goes on and will make notes in the mobi file on my Google Docs.

Mea culpa.  Smile