FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Novus Ordo "Catholic" upholds Obamacare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-28-2012, 04:44 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]I am nearly in complete darkness when it comes to Obamacare. In a simple breakdown, what is it exactly? I am under the impression that WE must pay for our own insurance and if we can not afford to do so, then we will be heavily fined. Is this correct? So, basically, nothing has changed other than some sort of dictatorship approach to filling the pockets of insurance companies?

This isn't exactly a breakdown of the health care bill, but it does show why we should fear it being oked:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/straphaelfor...owtopic=45
(06-28-2012, 11:58 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]John Roberts may have betrayed the principles of sound constitutional interpretation, but I don't think he's betrayed the faith.

I would say he has. A true Catholic wouldn't have approved of this rubbish.
(06-28-2012, 04:49 PM)SpiritusSanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2012, 11:58 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]John Roberts may have betrayed the principles of sound constitutional interpretation, but I don't think he's betrayed the faith.

A man can make all sorts of imprudent (and even immoral) decisions without becoming less a Catholic. You're either a member of the Church, or you're outside of it.
(06-28-2012, 05:30 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]

A man can make all sorts of imprudent (and even immoral) decisions without becoming less a Catholic. You're either a member of the Church, or you're outside of it.

So, one is either a saint or an apostate? One can sin in all manner of horrendous ways without cleaving oneself from the Church. Roberts has indeed betrayed his faith in being the deciding vote in allowing a pro-abortion, pro-rationed healthcare system to be legally implemented. God have mercy on him.
OHC is the vehicle chosen for our destruction. We all know that this will be used to promote every communistic dream any red can dream up.

- We deem that you can only have 2 kids because anymore means that you are burdoning our healthcare system.
- we will not provide health care for a trisomy 13 infant because they have zero life expectancy and you should have aborted him
- your 92 year old gran does not deserve medicine because it costs so much, and let's face it, she is going to die anyway

Justice Roberts knows exactly what he voted for. He's not an idiot. So yes, I do think that his vote could be considered a sin. Ofcourse I am no expert on that, just my opinion.

How do you figure?
We agree Joshua on the important issues not our side issues feelings :LOL:
This is a bad decision made by a Catholic (which goes against the grain of what the Popes have spoken about the plight of humanity in society) -- but not as bad as when a Catholic, Assoc. Justice William Brenner, voted for abortion rights in Roe v. Wade.
(06-28-2012, 07:33 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]We agree Joshua on the important issues not our side issues feelings :LOL:

Indeed, Salus!  :tiphat:
(06-28-2012, 06:14 PM)verenaerin Wrote: [ -> ]- We deem that you can only have 2 kids because anymore means that you are burdoning our healthcare system.
- we will not provide health care for a trisomy 13 infant because they have zero life expectancy and you should have aborted him
- your 92 year old gran does not deserve medicine because it costs so much, and let's face it, she is going to die anyway

Actually this is what we have now with the "free enterprise" for profit private health care system.  Before Lyndon Johnson signed the MediCare bill in 1965 half of U.S. citizens age 65 and older had no health insurance and those who were able to obtain it paid nearly three times as much in premiams than youger adults did.  Currently 37 states allow insurers to permanently "red line" pre existing conditions as a contengency for obtaining coverage.  This really sucks for those with a down's syndrome child or one with other conditions.  I have five friends who have a down's syndrome child, four of whom are Catholic.  Fortunatly they all live in WA state where such exclusion is not allowed (though Republicans howl about that).  The Afordable Health Care Act does not allow denial of coverage for pre existing conditions.
Pages: 1 2 3