FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX resolution approaching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The chapter has ended and they released a statement saying:
The General Chapter will soon make a common statement to Rome, which will then be made public.

Will matters reach a conclusion?
Hopefully it's "go pound sand." 
That's not what I'm hoping for.
(07-14-2012, 12:54 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]That's not what I'm hoping for.

We can never agree, Jayne.  Ever.

:LOL:

Also, I'm not sure if it is a good thing that the statement will be public.
(07-14-2012, 12:55 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

Also, I'm not sure if it is a good thing that the statement will be public.

Doesn't matter.  Some miscreant would make it public anyway.  At least this way they won't have egg on their faces when it comes out.

But our discussions are conducted in a fraternal atmosphere, marked by cordiality.  :grin:
(07-14-2012, 12:45 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully it's "go pound sand." 

Hopefully your right.
(07-14-2012, 01:07 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2012, 12:45 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully it's "go pound sand." 

Hopefully your right.

This and that.

If SSPX is going to make a statement, I hope they come out with one in strong language that leaves no room for any compromise whatsoever with the hopes that there'll be no more "talks" until Rome is sincere in converting.
(07-14-2012, 01:04 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]

But our discussions are conducted in a fraternal atmosphere, marked by cordiality.   :grin:

Yes, matters will reach a conclusion.  The General Chapter will inform the Vatican -- diplomatically -- that the SSPX is unable to sign the doctrinal preamble, but that it will remain open to further contacts.  The General Chapter might also release the text of the preamble it has rejected, as the Society has already promised to do when the process has come to a conclusion.  In other words, it's over.

Given Archbishop Mueller's choleric temperament, his Modernism, and his inexperience as Prefect of the CDF, he will probably push for a declaration of schism against the SSPX and impose canonical consequences on bishops, priests and faithful.

All because of a "pastoral Council" that has decimated the flock.
Pages: 1 2 3 4